Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sf match neurology anyone? - jimmy
Hello Neuro people
letters from U of Arkansas saying they are still considering,same from U of Michigan,U of South Alabama.
Rejection from Ohio.
hi everyone,
another week came to start and i have no news yet..no interviews and no rejection.....
i have a question for u guys....i am an fmg with no usce,no US lor,no experience in research or neurology and hence no lor from any neurologist.im a fresh grad and my scores are ok..90/92/ecfmg certified....and i need H1 visa.
so here is my q:i have applied only to neuro and prelim med.do u think im being a fool?should i apply to int med categorical as well to be safe in case i dont match into any neuro position?please give me ur honest opinion.i need others view points also .....
thanks in advance.....
Hi everyone,

I am new member and i also applied for neuro. I applied in the second week of august and i got 3 interviews from wayne state/ detroit medical center, medical university of ohio, University of nebraska, omaha. Got a mail from from Uni. of Michigan and uni of oklahoma stating that they received my application and sent to review board . No rejections yet.

I have few ques.......can we apply for both priliminary and categorical for IM to the same program?Do all programs which sponser H1 for categorical will also sponser H1 for prilim? please answer to my ques..................Thanx in advance........
Hi!everyone Quranlover,Amnach,Zanny need your advice

My neuro application is being processed and in about 1 week it will be sent to programs.Now,I want to know whether programs reply mostly via email or regular mail.I have given my address in India and alternative address in US.I am coming to US in Oct end and should I ask SFMATCH to ask programs to send mails to US address or they will do that automatically as it is an alternative address?Pl. reply soon

Jimmy I have slightly better scores than you and rest of things are same,still I have applied to Categorical positions also.I would advise you to do that.Anyways I am new to this process.It would be better if someone experienced answers your Q.
hi docindia
first i would like to say that i wish u and everyone in this forum the best and i ask ALLAH to make things easy on all of us...
regarding the address , it's always better to have address in the usa than in india for obvious reasons, so if i were u i will call the sfmatch people and change my address and believe me some programs look at your address before sending u an invitation, and yes geographic location plays a role .
some program send invitation via email and some through mail, and even some of them make a phone call( uni of tennese ), but i think majority of them prefer emails..
have u sent your distribution list yet, if not do not apply for vanderbilt uni or arkansas or st louis cuz as far as i know they have selected people already for interviews....
i hope this will be of any help to u.and all what i typed here is my opinion, i might be right or wrong, and at the end it's your call...
Thanks a lot Quranlover.

You are always ready to help and I really appreciate that.I will call up SFmatch today and ask them to use the US address.I already sent the distribution list and I have applied to St.Louis as they said their deadline was in Nov or till 50 interview spots.Anyways,Thanks for the info.And Good Luck for everything.
I just sent my application to SF match , is it too late?
thanks docindia for ur reply...will seriously give it a thought....
my update:rejection from u.alabama(110.43).nothing else from anywhere else...
good luck all of u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »