Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 12 section 3 answers. - borderline
Hi Borderline,
You are amazing, I did this section today and get only 68% of questions right, this is the most difficult one to me, I got 86% in section 2.
Can you explain why you chose C for #36?
Thanks
hi borderline
i really need nmbe 7 and 12 Q with ans
please please send to nassiri_sonia
thanks
#21. D.

explanations:
Do elimination processes: First pick enzyme that you know. You lack food, you have Low energy state or Starvation
1. Pyruvate is glycolysis enzyme—hence this will be inhibited or decreased to prevent farther breaking down of glucose: Cross out C, F, G
2. F2,6Pase enzyme converts PFK-1 that is found in Glycolysis—hence this must be decrease in order to prevent farther breakdown of glucose in starvation: Cross out A,B,C
3. You should have D, E, H to choose from
4. Next is G6Pase: this enzyme converts Glucose to Free glucose—hence will increase in starvation: cross out: Cross out H from (D, E, H)
5. Phosphoenopyruvate Carboxylase is Increase in Gluconeogensis; hence cross out E from (D, E that are left)
6. Now, you are left with Choice D as your answer
#31. B. Hypersplenism

Pt is alcoholic and HTN, hence there is a blockage or drainage problem of blood vessel that drains the spleen. When the spleen is damage, all blood cell lines will also be affected hence Pancytopenia because all blood cell lines have to go to the spleen to mature.
#41. A. Adenylyl cyclase

- This is a case of Bortedella pertussis
- turn the off off = on
- inhibiting qi therefore, increasing cAMP
thank you guys so much, seriously, from the very bottom of my heart for answers and these explanations. they help so much !!

u guys rock!
#23 answer E is incorrect, if the patient had a mutation in the SRY gene he would have no testes at all. I think the patient has Kallmann syndrome and the the correct answer should be D. subtelomeric FISH is used to karyotype the patient to rule out kleinfelters or other chromosomal abnormalities. Any other thoughts?
#23 is actually A. The patient has Kleinfelter's: tall thin male with small testes and no sperm. Diagnose with chromosomal analysis.
for 30 - took a while to find this:

answer is A - C→T will change the forward primer in the upstream promoter region, causing a decrease in production and a mild form of disease
http://www.nvkc.nl/publicaties/documents...98-299.pdf

b is a trick - as previous post said, G→A here will not produce a stop codon because g is not in the same codon as tt's
22. A 14-year-old boy is brought to the physician’s office because of decreased appetite and abdominal pain over the past 3 weeks. His mother says that during the same time he has withdrawn from everyone and sleeps constantly. He describes his symptoms vaguely. Physical examination is normal. During further history-taking, it is most critical for the physician to obtain information about which of the following?
A) Developmental history
B) Family history of affective disorders
C) Orientation to time, place, and person
D) School history
E) Suicidal ideation or attempts
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »