Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my SCORE !! - technodoctor
hey Technodoc....GR8 score...awesome hardwork.............very happy for u...enjoy and celebrate ur success Smile..

Can u tell me the duration when u took ur nbme's and the prgress on it..like obth offline and onlnie..i know u mentiones about ur scores...I wanna know the duration and progress right from u started ur first nbme offline...

thnks buddy and great job !!
do u think uw immunology qs r enough?did u solve imu qs from somewhere else?thx for sharing.
dr techo how many times did u completey revise UW?
@shells.... i started from offline NBME in the order NBME 1,2,3,4 then online 6, then offline 5 then online 7 and 12. On the first NBME i scored almost 78...i cant remember exact figure but it was below 80%. Next i scored 82% (nbme2) then 84%, then 81%. then i did online form 6, i scored 228.... then i did offline form 5 and scored 83%. Then online form 7 and scored 245...Last was online NBME 12 and scored 240. Some subjects really pull your score down. for example just clearing the concept about definitions of genetics can make a big difference. Similarly remembering the formulae of biostats makes a difference. Especially how to put a worded thing into tabular form. If you are bad at biostats or other subject, i suggest doing more MCQs i-e doing it from other qbanks. Other qbanks only if you dont understand a subject...i-e genetics, biostats....etc

@riboflavinbtwo ...i did immuno from kaplan...once in full... and made a big chart with my friend about almost all the chapters on it. So i would review it as a news paper everytime i wanted to revise. Someone has a made a similar, rather exciting, page on USMLE Forum i found here...but i dont remember its name sorry :S... I only did Uworld for immuno...no other qbank...

@shigatox22.... i revised the important topic-related Uworld twice at least....maybe thrice... but did not revise all of UW. The questions i got right first time around, i spent little time on it afterwards...but revised some topics again even though i got them right first time.... examples of such imp topics include... renin-angiotensin-ald-ADH axis.... adrenal gland....well infact whole endocrinology... i spent a LOT of time on signal transduction mechanisms....little time on anatomy as i was always good in it (my luck maybe Smile ).... Taking step 2 ck helped me with pathology....Physio was weak point but got better with revision from 1st Aid, UW and most importantly, the internet.... physio was my bad sector... but like i said, with revision it got better... biochem was also my bad sector and got better with both 1st aid revision, some important things from kaplan and a site called www.thebiochemistrypage.com ...Psych is all about time-periods...psych drugs are v. imp... neuro anatomy i did not do all...i focussed on stroke syndromes which i did from high-yield neuroanatomy...pharma...all from 1st aidand UW...nothing else...I think im lost now on what to explain next...=p any questions ?? Smile
hey tehnodoctor!!! Wow great job on your score and everything you've accomplished! I been off and on on this forum and i could tell you truly deserved all the happiness and success, you've been doing your best and it paid off!
I had a question for you, in all seriousness, if you had last 14 days to study what would you focus on right now , now that you've taken the exam , looking back what would you focus on?
would you do DIT with Goljan or just Goljan and UW ? Any suggestions? Just wanted to know what yo uwould think and what you think would be best!
Thanks again for reading my post and best of luck for the future, i am certain you will do very well!
take care and thank you for helping to answer everyone's questions on this forum! your great and also, please ask your mom to keep me in her prayers too..My name is Nikkie Smile
take care
thanks dr techno
Hello nikkie...I surely will ask her Smile.... I would suggest the things I did in last 14 days....and these are as follows....

- 1st and foremost and MOST important is not one but 2 things...a) Your own notes (b) 1st AID....(thats what i stuck to in last 14 days)

- 2nd, revision of notes i made from NBMEs (your own)... i made notes of all offline NBMEs and revised it

- 3rd, NOT to touch any new stuff...

I actually planned to listen to all Goljan audio lectures but couldnt....I only listened to renal and inflammation lectures of Goljan... Though his notes maybe superior to every other notes, Its FAR FAR better to REVISE the notes than to read new ones... so REVISION iss the key...You might feel nauseated while revising but thats what is called hard work... focus more on topics that you are scoring low at but keep a Balance...i-e not to comlpetely leave your strong topics...

If i had to punch it in one line....i would say "1st AID for last 14 days"

revise it as many times as possible though, AT BEST, you might revise it twice but 1.5 times revision or even 1 time revision will make some difference... I hope this answers
about the 3rd point i mentioned...some might disagree...."sometimes" its advisable to read other books about a topic that you dont understand...only in this circumstance will i advise you to consult another book ...an interesting thing: Goljan pathology is the only book that gets A+ in 1st AID'd ratings Smile......have a nice day....have daily vit B 12.... healthy fresh diet... dont use too much USMLE Forum or this forum except for mcqs Smile
Technodoctor!! Thank you soooooooo much, i will keep everything you said in mind the next few weeks and hopefully rock it out, as you did! Smile
I agree, Goljan will be my mainstay along with FA, that is a fact! Thank you again for taking the time to reply to me!! Yep im keeping up with the B 12 and i don have a USMLE Forum account thank god less distractions!! lol! Anyway, thanks again for your advise, it all makes sense to me!
Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you again!
I don't understand how a 248 translates to a 87 on the 2 digit scale...I thought anything over a 220 was = to 90 on 2 digit scale ?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »