Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to all US citizen fight for your right - marololo
@EVERYONE

FINE, GIVE YOUR POSITIONS JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS A CITIZEN.

DONT CARE WHETHER HE HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE IN HIS HEAD OR NOT...

AND IN TEN YEARS YOUR HEALTH SYSTEM WILL BECOME ONE OF THE WORST IN THE WORLD!!!

Sheesh!!! its health care guys, how can you be soooooo negligent of what kind of doctors your people want!!!
@skybluez19

So where is the petition exactly?

it's multifactorial, i think. US grads were already working in US hospitals and know the system
@premtch - the term "red indians" is derogatory.... instead say "native americans"
every year...sigh. the carnival sets up its tent ..every year..
@boka, the only petition that is very validated and influential is the one you write to your congress/state legistature. More that goes out better! Our personal petitions can be created if enough of us demand it.

@chipliza, if some one made it through college, medical school passed all the tests involving cirtical thinking and judgment, I would have to give them credit for having knowledge not lacking it. Good thought, try again.

Take care guys!

Fight for your right! go to your congress/House rep as soon as you are able to and voice your concern in writing.
@skybluez19

there is a reason why there are a few people who goof up during residency even after they are given "credit" for having knowledge.

I am not arguing against of Non US citizen IMG's, its not something like primary education which everyone deserves to get. Its a professional course dealing directly with peoples lives and only the best deserve such responsible jobs.

If you fall sick would you go to someone good or someone bad?? I am not implying here that US citizen IMG's are idiots. Be practical. Everyone must work for betterment of their socitey, this sort of nepotism will eventually lead to a corrupt socitey.

I am all for giving a chance to deserving people, be it anyone. If you are good at what you do, you wont complain. Its when you are not good enough and when someone better is doing your job that some people start whining about their "right". Its not your "right" to take a position which you arent ready for yet.
@chipliza ok, I'm agree with you to some respect. We should hand over positions to qualififed people. What the argument here is that there are well knoweldgable qualified people who have lived in the United States with out residency b/c according to NRMP some 6,000+ non US IMG have applied for positions here (most of whom have gotten one). You know, its like if you go to another country such as Germany and try dare to get their job, you will be ouright rejected b/c germans live there are just as qualified and deserve first right. Its is their country; same goes for India, China, etc. So why does USA ("land of opportunity") put others over its own citizen for opportunity?

There is no guarantee that the selection criteria residency set for are determinate of how well of a doctor you become and impact society. It is a measure of "likelyhood" & that varies from person to person.

Take Care.
I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP GUYS!

I CALLED A RESIDENCY PROGRAM IN NORTH CAROLINA AND I WAS TOLD THERE IS ALOT OF POLITICS BEHIND WHO THEY CHOOSE FOR RESIDENCY. NOTHING DO WITH RESEARCH, VOLUNTEERING, PUBLICATION, ETC

IF YOU HAVE HIGH SCORES ON BOARD EXAM, YOU HELP RAISE THE HOSPITAL'S RATINGS AS "BEST HOSPITAL" (WHICH ONE FACTOR USED TO RANK THEM IS THE RESIDENT'S SCORES ON INSERVICE EXAM AND BOARD EXAMS). THIS ENSURES HOSPITAL FUNDING-THUS, RECRUIT HIGH SCORER TOP PRIORITY.

STAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS, SEND COMPLAINT TO GME ABOUT PROGRAM DIRECTOR'S DECISION TO CHOOSE WHO WANT OR DONT WANT TO INTERVIEW.

DEMAND YOUR RIGHT AS A CITIZEN TO GET INTO TRAINING PROGRAM IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY. YOUR RIGHTS.
FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS. YOU LIVE HERE. SEND A LETTER TO YOUR HOUSE REP/CONGRESS TODAY!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »