Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody waiting for results this coming wednesday - dcba40
Hi all, I want to share my step 3,experience
Preparation time four to five months ,three to four hrs per day ,I m a mom of a toddler so couldn't mange to study for more hrs.
Material : uw q bank two times, first time thoroughly , second time quick revision, few systems revised three time, also read mtb3 twice , 30-40pages/day
For CCS. Uworld interactive twice , read out once , did thirty forty cases from crush also which are not in us CCS , archer videos first three hrs of introduction
My nbme Uwsa scores around 214 one mo before the exam
Clinical mastery series questions around 400 qs :internal med pediatric obgyn surgery
Real exam score 210
Exam day: day one: very very long qs , fifty percent stat and ethics qs rest fifty percent qs about pathophysiology pharma medicine peds obgyn surgery
Day 2: qs were lengthy also though I heard from my sps that day 2 qs are not lengthy, very vague , two choices were close and difficult to choose
CCS : wired cases, 5/6 pts improved , three deteriorate and rest I was not able to know their improvement.
After taking my exam was very depressed but Allah helped me to pass alhamdulillah.
After getting score report I found I got low in foundation of independent practice or day 1, low in biostat , performed high in advanced clinical medicine and CCS performance was very high. Now I feel in CCS even your pt doesn't improve it doesn't mean that you are not treating or managing properly , few pts will improve in the exam , they want to check Whether we get frustrated as PTs don't improve or we are consistent . My advice will be between day one day two do CCS only , I did nothing but CCS . And my day two McQs and CCS helped me to pass alhamdulillah. I took my ck three yrs ago. So it was hard for me to prepare for the exam. Scores in step one and ck 223 and 240. Thanks all of you. Good luck
@cs2014:

Thanks for sharing!
could you please tell more about your performance bars? how come you got very high in in CCS and ACM and score is 210 and not higher? did you get stars or you mean it crossed borderline and is on high side? Thanks
hi my day 1 performance is low, its started form the left side of the borderline to the lower performance side, and as i wrote that i got lots of stat and ethics, , my stat bar is low and it's below borderline, my ccs bar is not in the borderline but towards the higher performance side and its precis; emy day 2 mcqs bar started from rt end of borderline towards rt side. Because of ccs and day2 mcq was able to get this score. i know some of the examinees who failed due to low performance in day one, only if u do better in ccs and day2 mcqs then you will be able to pass and vice versa, that means if day 2 performance low then high day 1 performance helps to pass but normally people do well in day2; by the way what's your score nrmp2013, may be you scored high like 230s so you asked this qs.
Im very happy with this score though I would be happy if i scored 220 but 3/4hrs/day study with a toddler and 2/3 days before exam couldn't study also properly, so i m happy alhamdulillah and step 3 pass is good, residents fail step 3 and kicked out of res prog if they don't pass in few attempts.
precise*
No I haven't got my result yet that's why was just wondering about the bars and the real score. You are right pass is all you need, mostly no program cares about your score. congratulation and thank you for the explanation.
cs2014 congratulations!! would you please tell me how do i purchase clinical mastery series questions? how much is the cost? are they good questions ?
You can purchase clinical mastery s qs from the same site we purchase nbme, i did w/ my sp, she purchased these .
Thank you so much cs2014..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »