Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My prep for the day !! - usres12
@usmle2177
i did a fw topics in my first read .. like cvs and renal .. and i use to do it after every system ,, but there were lot of related qs about antibiotics and other related drugs . which i had not yet done . so i ended up writing things that were already in the book .. so this time .. i finished the whole book and doing the qs now .. it makes more sense to me now cos i ve a beter idea now ..it does feel like doing qs of the same topic is better but i felt i needed to get an idea af everything so that i can relate the drug interaction and all the other choices better

ya the only prob is FA .. i m so double minded now .. and am indeed forcing myself like u did ..i wrote a few notes in kap note last time fm uw .. and now i m almost writing the same thin g over in fa .. its all messed up .. i still feel like i dont hve a good pic of fa .. and i dont think writing down the pg nos isnt a great idea either cos it takes a lot of time and then when u open the pg in kap .. i still find myself reading the same thing over again .... maybe its a good idea to turn back to kap before i did others ..

i dont know , evryone says FA,FA and FA ,, BUT I DIDNT WRITE A DAMN THING IN fa in other subj too .. except biochem ,, so i think i might as well stick to kap ..
@owlcity do what ur comfortable with !! fa is just guide to remember brief the imp point before the exam & to hold on to one book containing all 7 subjects to lessen the stress.
not only pharma fa has its drawback in cns , not enough anatomy in some organs also im comfortable with beh science in kaplan . some also add kaplan notes in fa also . & i remember some who took the exam & got good scores who reviewed kaplan more often then fa & so go along with something u are comfortable with as long as u are doing it with uw. & reviewing those imp points of uw until ur exam

@all i lost my confidence in pharma so will read kaplan gi , renal ,endo & then do quest.
fa pharma doesnt work for me
happy studying !!

phewww!!! finally done with 20 questions till now...went soo slow!!!!!

@owlcity: i like animated fantasy movies...so i loved tintin too Smile

there is no harm in sticking to kap if u have already written uw notes in it already..but yeah everyone says fa fa..what i did may sound nerdy but during my second read i wrote down important points from the lecture notes into fa with a pencil...and where ever i needed to go to see detailed topics i have written the LN pg number in FA...then when i started uw..i started writing explanations with purple and red ink and sticking additional pages to write notes

i would suggest not to let go of fa completely but now write the leftover uw notes in fa that way u will atleast flip thru fa to read ur notes cos at the end when u start revising u wud need a place where its all concised.. and fa is good with that! trust me flipping pages and lookin at some topics here and there helps a lot and from my own experience the test does involve a lot of memorization!! so think about it..at the end do whatever u are comfortable with
dr_raw:
Thank you for your help.I got my qb extened.Now I can relax.
But u knw what thinking that it will epire today I was in such adrenaline rush to finish a simulated test,but nw that I got it extended I got laxed gain lol.
Guys anyone online.plz motivate me.I'm like a polarbear in winter today .
hey polarbear..calm down..happy u got it extended...now get back to studying again! Smile
@dr raw ..
i was thinking the same thing ,, i actually changed the off lines into pdf file( thanks to my husband ) and now i cut paste a lot of stuff and write the pg nos of where i want to stick it .. and when i finish the whole subj .. i print it out and just stick it in (but i do minimise the size so that i can add in more stuff at the same place , that way my book does n0ot look excessively fat).. u are rt too ,, fa is conscise . and thats the easy way out at the end .. for now i feel like i added the same thing equallty in both books .. just ve to decide where to stick all the cut past ones ..

i love fantasy movies and animation movies too . the lion kings my fav .. sound kiddish but i never tire of it .. last time i went to see a movie .. i went after 10 pm .. and guess wat .. the only person in the theatre was me (and my husband sleeping) i said why is there not a single soul in here .. and he said it is a kids movie.. and no kids come after 10 pm .. and he slept off , but i got to see what i wanted .. with the whole theatre to myself..

@usres12

dont waste ur time .. Make hay while the sun sun shines ..
my fav line is.. Procastination is the thief of time .. i ll check u up in the eve if u finished the simulation tests or not

i ve finished 20 qs .ow .. trying to hit 40 before 5 pm .. come on join the race ..
BTW

thanks a lot for ur advices dr-raw and usmle2177.. appreciate it ..
@owlcity good u have found away that suites u & i am happy u decided to stick to fa at the end as i myself was hesitating to tell u to stick to kaplan at the end as it is huge but thought u where more comfortable with it .
hey all done with 10 more..

@owlcity...happy u found a way out Smile

next stop: q.number 40!!!! but first time for my chai*

it's a beautiful sunny friday afternoon here Smile i love love living in the south.

anyway, will have lunch & then start for today...starting late but i plan to use my time efficiently for a change.

@owlcity: i guess u dont take really detailed notes for the uw q's?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »