Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
祝大家好运! - caseasian
thanks for your inspiring input for everyone
Last year, i have more than 10 interviews but did not match any of them....
One of my friend only had 3 interviews but he matched...

Wish me the best luck this year....
pgy22:

Your words are very encouraging. Sounds you got into one of the best programs. I have similar credential as you have- Would you mind share some of your experience with me? email: medytrust.
thanks.
Similar experience here. 94/87/pass ecfmg cert, all 1st attempt. I applied only local programs last year late in early November. No IV. So I have no reason to be optimistic this year too except that I will continue to practice and work hard.
For those of you getting interviews, your key to success is to improve your interview skills. Try your best, to make the interviewers feel that it will be a loss for them not to get you. You have to show your greatest interest and enthusiasm for every interview even if you think the program is crappy. Find something good to say about their program with facts, not just empty praises. Also ask tough questions, but not the insulting ones, that will also show your interests. A very short conversation with the interviewer is not a good interview, indicating no click and your interpersonal skill is not desirable. Speak slowly and express yourself clearly. If you do not understand what the other party says, it is always a good practice to ask for clarification, being too polite or pretending to understand is going to hurt you. it is expected that some Chinese may not understand many things due to cultural backgrounds, but asking for clarification will impress others in a positive way.

hope this will help a little.

Best.
So far only 1 iv,but i am glad to see many chinese applying this year. I am an old graduate
in 1985 with low 80s in step1&2. 希望更多的中国人分享其经'564;。
祝同胞们好运!!!
sb199, you mentioned "for IL, the state law requires the applicants are graduated in 5 years.", does that mean if an IMG is more than 5 years after leaving his medical school, he/she is not qualified to apply residency program in IL? Thank you so much, since I received an IV from an Chicago program and I am very old. If this information is correct, I need to contact the PC before booking my ticket.
To Innc:

I got the IL information from a medical school which I forgot. I encourage you to call IL medical board or the program to further confirm. One thing I am sure is that if you have another state license and there is no problem to transfer the license into the state.
Please do check it up yourself before you give it up. Every interview op is precious.
Thank you, sb129!
good to see all the Chinese on this forum. I am from Shanghai medical university long time ago, anyone else from there? I got 9 rej 2 inv.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »