Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hand writing letter from UT houston Psychiatry - tracycatus
mdphd1960,
when was your iv? Thanks
harry206,
last year UT houston psychiatry had 2 IMG out of 10 postions. The tendency is the positions will be filled by graduates from US. This year only 8. But roughly AMG applicants are around 60-70 this year.
you are right chaley,
They interviewed very few IMGs this yr.
they did total 85 interviews -if 60-70 were AMGs, then only 10-15 IMGs.

I hope they will rank few IMG's higher.

Thanks for this info Carley.
Hi, guys, I thought that I got PD hand writing letter, I should be safe, cuz it was hand writing,
I am so surprised that many has one, I was not happy, who they want, everyone? Guys, after I read all your exchanges, I am disappointed.
I need your suggestion, do I need to put this program in my top rank? Thanks.

hey lylimary,

don't be so disappointed. Hand letter is atleast an indication that they will rank you doesn't matter at what position. You think it's many but I think there are hardly 10 people here who said they got the letter so it's not a big number for 8 seats.

I would suggest don't rank based on letter, but rank based on where you wanna go. As after all your ranking doesn't matter, its PD's ranklist which makes a huge difference.

Good luck in match..It's hard to pass this month..
I agree with hardik,
rank based on your preference.

around 10 people reported letter in this forum, I found 2 people on other forum and 3 of my frnds reported recieving this letter. so around 15 people we know, and many people who r not using forums ---> In short don't rely on letter, but rank based on ur preference.

Seriously, this 28 days are most difficult to pass.
Hi, hardik and harry206,
Thank you very much. Let me think over for my cases. I will rank my favorate program on the top.
Seems the program likes GC holder, last year two IMG have GC, and 2008 4 IMG have GC, do you think that GC really matters?
@johnkeats,
How do you think GC's role in match? Very important?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »