Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanna start FA??? - capa
just doing tests ,,,,any problem ? or lets chat and go through all right quick? i am bored of doing this!? my yahoo id is:
merichr2004
Osteogenesis imperfecta is a congenital condition in which the patient becomes extremely vulnerable to bone
fractures from birth. The disease usually results from a mutation in collagen type I, leading to destabilization of the
triple helical structure of the fibrous protein. Which of the following amino acid mutations would most likely lead to this
condition?
A. Aspartate to glutamate
B. Glycine to alanine
C. Lysine to leucine
D. Phenylalanine to tyrosine
E. Proline to hydroxyproline
my biochem is really bad..so kina taking it slow n wanna master all the high yield stuff..i wont know many answers..except i jus started the FA 2007 edition and will leave my office soon...i m in central time n its 6.40pm here
Hi,,, yes john it's not in the 10 pages but it bio .
The ans is B.
iT'S MAPLE SYRUP URINE D'S,, defect in metabolism of branched chain amino acids due to branched chain ketoacid dehydrogenase deficiency.
Branched chain a.a are valine, leucine,, isoleucine.
wht do u mean? we need to do these hellllllllll q to know how to take care of the bio business!! i think we should add these salt to it to be able to digest that almighty bio!! any suggestions?
how do u want to revise the thing?
Which of the following proteins is more likely to become degraded by lysosomal proteases than by the
ubiquitin-proteasome pathway?
A. Estrogen receptor
B. Histones
C. Insulin receptor
D. Prion proteins
E. Ribosomal proteins
Answer to q 2 is tyrosine.
holllllllllllllly crap:

A biotechnology company is trying to develop a compound that can enhance the rate of the chemical reaction
required to synthesize a profitable product. Which of the following properties would most likely yield the greatest
enhancement?
A. Greactants: +2 kcal ; Gproducts: +5 kcal
B. Greactants: +2 kcal ; Gtransition state: +5 kcal
C. Greactants: +5 kcal ; Gtransition state: +2 kcal
D. Gtransition state: +2 kcal ; Gproducts: +5 kcal
E. Gtransition state: +5 kcal ; Gproducts: +2 kcal
Q3..ANS IS C????????
Q4...D??/?
q 5...c ?
A carpenter from a wood shop presents to the emergency room with complaints of headache, nausea and vomiting,
and decreased vision. Suspecting the possibility of methanol poisoning from the varnish used in wood shops, the
team of physicians promptly performs a gastric lavage along with ethanol administration. The ethanol treatment has
which of the following effects on methanol metabolism by alcohol dehydrogenase?
A. Increases Km
B. Increases Vmax
C. Decreases Km
D. Decreases Vmax
E. No change in Km or Vmax
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »