Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study plan for Step 3 - SPs welcome - examusmle
Tip for CCS to remember:
Use the erase board before you start the CCS cases and write down some impt
labs
imaging studies
counselling

Then while doing a case quickly read over h&p and note allergies to meds, social hx so you know what you will do the last 2 min or even before.
wow, that is scary !!!! wish u good luck .
@examusmle,Thanks so much for giving us the real insight of your exam. It's not that easy rather tricky exam. What do you think about our study plan? Is it good enough to get decent score?
ALL THE BEST for your result!
Thanks, bdtiger.

@Vatsalshruti,

Is our study plan good enough to get a decent score? I'll know for sure on 6th of June!
I don't know how much score is decent in your opinion but right now, I consider any passing score a decent one!

As I mentioned before, the study plan above is just an outline that needs to be modified according to each individual's background, personal circumstances etc. Or can even be used as as a template to draw another study plan. But, what is more important than following a particular study plan is: If we realize that a particular study plan is not working at some point, we should be able to switch gears. It is better to expect the unexpected and prepare for the worst!

My initial plan was to do only UW Q bank, but after seeing my first NBME scores, I decided to also subscribe to Kaplan Q, which impinged greatly on my UW world CCS preparation time. Anyways, lets wait and see.

Thanks for your wishes. BTW, when are you planning to take your exam?
@examusmle
thank you thank you thank you for the tips and detailed experience..
had a feeling this test is tougher than it seems... it def needs a lot of dedication.
this is prolly the best step3 exp post ever.
thanks a lot..

i do have a Q re studying for the MCQs... did u read MTB cover to cover the first time around?
logically one wud think doing the theory first for a few mnths and then hitting ccs makes sense so u kno what ur doing in each case... but this doesnt seem like the best tactic as you have well described..... really million dollar advice

thank you and goodluck.. really really really hope you do make it through and comfortably...!

gl
ps. also, i have Premier Review notes. you think those would help as well....
i totally understand what u mean by unfair Qs... lolol.... it does suck i know exactly what u mean by even if i had studied for another month it wouldnt have helped coz i felt that fr my step1 and noone believed me! Lol...
goodluck my friend!!
hi examusmle thank you soooo much for such a detailed review about the exam. I did take your million dollar advice seriously because i was delaying my practice of ccs because of these q banks preparation. scored 460 in nbme form 2 last weekend, but need to work harder on both mcqs and ccs. i dont think real exam is that easy.
best of luck and let me look for a serious sp for ccs.
@rip
i am studying kaplan ck books, uworld q bank, and MTB for only adding my stuff. i do have kaplan q bank in books form but cant get the time to go through. i took form 1 in march 2012 and scored 320, at that time my medicine and psych were really low, so i worked hard on them to improve my score, and at the same time i sorted out all the qs of the form 1 that is available everywhere on this forum and tried to prepare the topics, not only the wrong answers, but all the answer options. i did the same for ck in 2008 and scored 95.now i am working on my nbme form 2 qs to improve my understanding of the stuff and revise. but i need to work really hard on ccs.
@examusmle, thanks again.
I m sure u'll definitely kill this monster. All our prayers are with you!!!
I m planning to take this exam in July 3rd week.
all our prayers for u exmusmle, fingers crossed for all of us now.
boy, ur experience is scarySad means a lot of butt kicking and a BIG wake up call for me now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »