Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV questions I have had so far.. - pahology11
up
@pahology11

did you get any prematch offers? if they call you for a prematch, would you accept on the phone or wait for the letter? Any ideas appreciated.
pinkbrown,

LOL...nobody is calling me for a prematch so far....Sad((

So did you get the call or just in case if you get one....????

If I got a prematch call I would tell them that I am definitely interested in regardless of the program because I have to be very enthusiastic about the offer even if I decide not to go there eventually. A phone call does not mean I am packed and going there. It is just the beginning so if you get a call, tell them you will be very happy to accept it. You will have time to think about it and change your mind until you get the email, letter , fax, hard copy etc..

Good luck...
anyway, i will
concede that this
is a meaningful
contribution to the
forum. well done.
and i am
pleasantly surprised by
the alturism. you
know the reason.
gummybear,

thank you..Smile

I just dont know the reason though. Please explain.
hi guys again!!

I have finished my interviews and I have a few addition to the question bank... I know it wont help us for this season but who knows may be somebody can use it next year.

here are some questions:

1.after the residency, are you going to go back to your country?
2.do you think you have got a good medical education at your medical school?
3. how is your medical knowledge? (excellent!!! LOL I tried to answer this in a way not sounding arrogant but did not want to look too modest either)
4.tell me about an interesting case that you have seen (finally somebody asked me this. it was the first time..)
5.okkk....that was an interesting case, now tell me about another case. ( so one has to prepare more than one cases, looks like.)
6.have you ever worked in a rural area before?
7.where do you live now?
8. do you think you can work 16 hours daily?
9."are not you glad that ACGME decreased the hours of interns to 60hrs/weekly? What do you think about it?

I hope you all match your favorite programs. Good luck to all…
shoot I forgot to add;

In my very last IV, I was given a printed form that asked: please write one paragraph of a patient encounter.

bump
thanks patho for bumping (!)
you are welcome.

did you like it? Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »