Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surgery thread 2011 - mmkk
hi i match in prelim surgery ,on nrmp unfilled programs list there are advanced positions (radiology , dermatology ,neuro,preventive medicine,anasthesia .........,all are very competitive programs), my friends blame me because i didnt apply to these programs? i didnt apply because i dont know if i able to apply now? (sorry i didnt understand if i match to prelim this yr , should we apply for advanced for the 2012 residency).also i dont have personal statement for anasthesia or lor from this speciality......please any one apply for these seats ,please explain ???? ie i didnt understand the mechanism of these preogram. please explain?
Did everyone who matched to prelim surgery get access to the list of unfilled programs?
i think once ur matched ur matched that info isnt avail to matched applicants

lets wait for someone to confirm this..... on this nearly dead thread lol...
thanks adrianfadem. I was just wondering because some applicants who applied for a prelim and and advanced position and did not match to the advanced position will get an access to the list. What if an applicant solely applied to a preliminary position and matched, is it supposedly the same for them?
yeah, for this re advanced position boohagi we'll have to wait for someone else.... i cud read up my handbook but its too detailed and by the time i find the right para someone will have replied..... i hope.....!

@adrianfadem pls help me on this hehhehe. If someone applied to a preliminary position ( without supplementary ROL for an advanced position) and a categorical position for a different specialty, and Matched.... Is there a way to know or get an idea on where he matched? Will both get the message " Congratulations, you have matched!"?

Thanks!!!

1. Congratulations, you have matched!
This message will be displayed for any applicant who is "fully" matched,
including:
Applicants who listed and matched to a categorical program
Applicants who listed and matched to preliminary and advanced
programs
Other conditions also apply. Applicants who listed only advanced programs on
their certified rank order lists and did not list any preliminary positions on a
supplemental rank order list will receive this message. Similarly, applicants who
included only preliminary programs on their certified rank order lists will
receive this statement. The matching algorithm considers an applicant "matched"
if he/she lists only one program type on the certified rank order list. Applicants
who receive this message will not have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled
Programs that is posted on Tuesday of Match Week.
headache

head ache

head

ache

wait im gonna put in out for everyone on the forum

watch my thread santalucas, maybe someone will answer there coz this place is dead

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »