Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 3 for h1b visa - madhumita99
hi
is step 3 a must to get h1b visa?
NO, step 3 is not required if all you want is an H1B visa. You actually need no steps!! You need an employer who will sponsor you the visa.
If you wish to do medical residency as well, then it is a different story.
hi
i want to do medical residency.what shall i do now?do i need to take step 3 for h1b?
Acoording to definition of H1b .. you must be a professional and not a traniee. that means you must have completed all the USMLE steps and eligible for medical license.. thats reason you MUST have passed step 3 before you apply for H1b.
hi drbrinkart,
thanks for u r explanation.if i have step1 step 2 ck and cs results and apply for residency programs,but taken step 3 after my interview,will the hospital sponser me h1b?or can i change from my j1 visa to h1b?

i will b thankful if u clear my doubts regarding this.....match and h1b....
can happen,,

my frend did that..

but its sheer stress..

is an agreement b/w u n the program..

no guarantees

madhumita99

yes you need step 3 for H1 sponsorship.
It is possible for you to take it after your interview, but has to be before the program starts. The sooner the better, as it takes sometime to process H1 visa application. You have to check with individual program to see when they require you to pass your step 3.
Hi Guys does having step 3 in any way useful to get more interviews?Iam ECFMG certified with low scores Step 1-80 ,Step2-83 ,CS-pass all in first attempt applying for psych only. Wanted to take Step 3 towards end of sept but now planning to post pone after knowing my step2 score.Any suggestions pls
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »