Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Test -
mc

Hi all,I gave my test yesterday,my feeling is somehow mixed,so many experimental questions wonder if I was supposed to have spent all my medical school day in lab,then micro Qs striaght forward,beh sci and pharm,the pharn Qs were attached mostly to the research Q.Pathology and Physiology were missing in my exam except for few path Qs that test anatomy.some Bio Qs straight forward though.I could have gotten away without reading any stuff cos it did not make much difference,but FA MADE A LOT OF difference,FA is a high yield,study and master it ,is worth that.Feel free to ask any Q as per the test.ALL THE VERY BEST
medico04

hi mc, can you guide us about the study strategy? thanks
Mc

I believe study guide sholud be tailored to individual need,and I found out that just b4 the exam all the big stuff you read will disapppear,all those in between line stuff will not be there but one thing willl always be there for you,the basic principles.so read what you want to read base on the time available,do qbank/Nms/usmleasy to register the basic principle in your medium to long term memory but not necessarily to meet them in exam(i did not see those qs in mine)then digest FA,answers to many of my qs were lifted from FA,i wish i took the book more serious than I did.lastly read books you enjoy reading and not what every one is reading,on the exam day ,is you and your qs, the forum people will not be there so take it personal.I read some of the books recommended on the forum,but when I was running out of time cos I had other things doing,I zero in on FA,and is still the best review book for step 1.Thanks
medico04

thank you for the reply,i being an img, did my basic science way back 1995, ihave forgot most of the things, i am post graduate in ent, so my knowledge now is just restricted to ent. i am taking exam in oct. so please tellme the whether kaplan books are sufficient and do i have to do brs,and other books??/thank you
sue

Please tell us what your score was in Kaplan questions or on other questions you did.
mC

medico04 ,between now and oct is not a long period,if i were you i will concentrate on Fa,and qs(pls do the qs as a study tool,i believe what is most important is getting the concept and not scoring high.
sue,the only qs i do and complete is exam qs,i find it difficult to stimulate exams so i do the q as study questions so I used kaplan cd rom and bss,but the sections i was patient to stimulate the test my scores ranges 68-82%,so cant really say.did not do online kaplan q,did Lazo.Bss kaplan qs,didnt complete any of them cos i get bored easily answering to many qs.

kasparov

i had my test too in august,
i must confess i had the same experience as mc, most of the qsns were not direct, alot of experimental/ lab qsns,
had alot of immunology qsns, lot of ethics which were complex stuff , higher than kaplan stuff.
i did not see many pathology qsns , well i did kaplan qsns
which in retrospect i consider not as tough asthe real exam qsns, but good enough as astudy guide. alittle advice to anyone attempting the exam PLS DO THE NBME QSNS and study ur first aid well
the qsns are the same standard as what u'll get in the exam.
my kaplan avearge was 76%.i also had problem with time management too in the exam which was not aproblem when i was doing my on line prep qsns.
anyway, the best techmique, choose an answer and move on
well i hope for the best , cos i am scared
mc

kasparov ,may this perculiar now,as if you were writing my test,but talk about time,i finished an hour plus earlier,kept wondering if i left a whole section unanswered cos i did take breaks.
medico04

hi mc, do i have to take nbme also?? i am doing kaplan qbank now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »