Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i failed - drcookie
well i failed and my hear is broken i was waiting with the same hope but didnt make it. I am soo happy for all of you guys who passed i really hope God blessed me with a passing score some time in the future. I wanted to ask for any of you who pass if you have a minute to share what material you used will be really helpful for all of us who failed to make a better study plan. I have kaplan notes and FA but is this enought? specially for biochemistry that was my weaker area and also how long should i wait to take it again? I have no strenght and is so hard to be motivated again. please help with some advice.
sincerely
me.
dr cookie..

very sorry for u..my heart is with u, and i totally understand the sadness u r facing..

i ll help u .. jus ask me whatever help u need.. i ll help u in whatever way i can..

my email address is dr.mansumeet..

may god bless u with courage to kill the exam into pieces the next time!!
don't get depressed,i think u should go through goljan audio and slides it ll help a lot.that helped me a lot in the last movement.its better if u go through it twice or thrice through these audios.take some time ,do downloaded nbme.you can do it all the best.
drcookie,
Please dont feel devastated. I totaly relate to your feelings, as I was feeling the same this morning when I could not see the result. But as everyone says, there is always Light after darkness - Maybe you are destined for a 99, next time.
Feel free to ask me for any material, and I will be glad to share with you.
thank u so much ! ultradocmansu, uhmm is nice to hear (read) sincere words, if ok with you i may email you with some questions. I dont know where to start for the study plan? bio was my lowest of all but i dont know if kaplan notes is enought may be i didnt study the right thing? uhmm I am foreign as many of you and to prepare for this exam has been really hard. thank you again i will email you ok.
sincerely
cookie
Hey...dont worry u will make it...there are many step 1 retakers in this forum and you can get help from them...just wondering if you did some online Qbank or not and if yes what were the scores...did u take NBME?

Personally what I feel is that you should immediately subscribe to online q banks and practice as many questions as you can..this way you can strengthen your weak areas and also know the tricky points which USMLE wants you to know...and as you have just taken the exam you will not be much dis-oriented as you will be after few month because you will start forgetting things and then it will take you more time to get back on the track.

I am also a retaker...and this is my personal experience.
any help u need dr cookie.. mail me..
i haven't yet appeared for the exam, i dont know if im smart enough, but i will help u
Hi,

I am sorry! I dont know you but I am sad to hear that you dont pass. I know you must be sad... you, as all of us, studied hard to pass. I used only Kaplan books, FA, and kaplan Qbank. I study for 5 month. Take a little break and go back to books again. I have a friend who passed step 1 in his 4th attempt and he is doing 3rd year residency in Pedi. The score and the attempts are important but there are other things that are important too. Now you have to work hard to pass the steps with the best score you can and try to get some USCE.

If I can help you let me know. My email is pertin2002@yahoo.es
Dr Cookie im very sorry to hear that but again the important thing to do now is taking some free time... understand why you fail? review your materials...focus on your weak subjects...and working...for materials there is no secret Kaplan notes except Patho ( Goljan is the must with audio)...try to understand concepts before memorize them. for Q ( UW and Q bank) and NBME, you can try also Usmle RX ( you can find these files in the forum).wish you all the best.
thank you guys, pbk and peace4all, congratulations for you guys !! i wanted to ask you which one is the nbme dowloaded, i have only seen the one in the nbme self assesment site but which one is the downloaded and where can i find it? also is it true about nbme 5 and 6 ? i really want to prepare for next time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »