Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flanker/anyone: just finished usce, need help - usmlegold
hi,

ive just finished an usce, and requested a lor from my supervisor.

1--i have not waived the right to see it. I want to take the lor with me. Is that acceptable or is it a condition by eras that the letter writer mail it to them?

2--also, what do i need besides the coversheet? i do not have the DSF crap. what do i do? do i have to give the letter writer the cover sheet or is that just for me to fill in?

thanks
upto u and yr lor writer to decide abt waiver. it has to be written in lor body itself. dont know abt its pros/cons. i took 4 lors with no waivers. if u dont waive u can mail it to ecfmg . no such rules by ecfmg. even if waived u can mail it to ecfmg if the lor is in a sealed envelop.

dsf has to be provided in all cases. lor coversheet has to be filled by lor writer. its a pdf file and we have to type all the info on the file itself and print it out. we can also fill out the lor cover sheet and give it to the lor writer. also the specilaities applied to have to be mentioned on the lor coversheet.

actually there are 2 kinds of lor cover sheets. one is the pdf one and the other is the cover sheet which u can print out from myeras after u finalize the lor. the myeras one looks better as it has space to mention the specialities applied to.
thanks for your reply,

but what i still don't get is the cover sheet. If i give the cover sheet to the lor writer, what the hell do they do with it? i mean i have not waived so why should they keep the coversheet? even the signature at the bottom of the page says applicant signature.

again, thank you for ur kind help and patience.
if u waive, then give cover sheet. otherwise not. personally i dont know what the whole fuss is about. i mean how will they come to know who filled the cover sheet.
Give him the cover letter....... ur letter writer should address "Dear Program director" in the letter.....its a kind of format for our LORs.....which is mentioned in the cover letter. And on the cover letter there will be ur AAMC id too.....which by chance if the letter writer mentions in the actual letter....u can sure that ur letter is not going to be mispalced by the ERAS guys.....hope it helps.
thank u both very much. i finally got it.

u know this lor crap is really quite confusing and obscure.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »