Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story - nicemale
can you get LOR from the physicians whom you worked with? that should be helpful. if other physicians state that you are fine. then PD's decision may not be always right. you can always go back to home country and come back later. no one knows you at that time.
to mrmeanpd

Are you the real pd of this prog. If so, could you provide us more info on this situation. We are planning our career carefully now, so firing all 5 img really sounds scare to us. And there are claims that this prog fires img every year, is it true?

I can agree your claim niceman has some problem in his personality, but it is quite difficult for me to understand all 5 img have some problem leading their termination.

Thanks for enlighten us.
I believe nice male is telling the truth in that if an AMG did what he did the person would not have been terminated. I have a friend in a "redneck" program in Tennessee, who has more than once heard a peds nurse say malicious things abut and FMG for no good reason, things like "I hate that doc, I just feel like hanging all them foreigners" You can imagine if the PD is one with those kind of prejudices only obliged to fill up spots with FMG'S that AMG's do not bother with. This is a painful reality, it can happen to anyone, and I happen to know someone who graduated from Huntsville and swore not to do a residency program in Alabam, dont know her reason for sure but it could be similiar.
sorry to hear that dude
@nicemale: did u speak to any lawyer.........we img's dont think of it early.......the game is all abot who strikes early..........never bear or take crap from ANYONE....they can be in the form of anbody.....i wud want to go to those areas n see how things happen........have seen a lot before, not in us....human rights still exist........im sure u have matured enough after this.......just take positive n learn from past.....difficult to forget but move on......
nicemale funny you should put your rant on here because coincidentally, i got an email, i think from that PD. of your ex-program. I'm an asian american IMG and a wrong email was sent to my email, addressed to a doctor with some chinese surname inviting him to an interivew an to contact the PC to schedule. A few minutes after that email, i got an email which apologized for the misent email. I in fact was not invited to interview. I was and still am totally fine with that.. The apology should have been enough, but the PD went on to put in BOLD CAPS that I was NOT TO CALL the program because he has over 500 applications to look over and he doesnt want to jam the phone lines. It really ruined my day. I was wondering if i ever applied to this program in the first place. But then I looked at the program email and I saw where it came from. Anyway, I'm not sourgraping because I have 4 interviews in some really good programs. I would love this PD to email me again so I can tell him how incredibly rude and presumptous of him to imply that I would jump out of my seat and call and beg to clarify..."are you sure that wasn't for me??? I'm still waiting.. please pick me!!"" how pathetic.

I'm not saying that your PD is racist because I have no experience with your program nor do I know the gentleman, I'm just saying he was totally rude. I'm also wondering if he put me in a pile of asian applicants thus the confusion. Surely if he did so, he based it on our pictures. If he did.. that's wrong. Maybe he is stressed that so many of his residents got kicked out and he needs to fill some shoes right away.

Anyway, just thought this was weird, and the way he emailed me was borderline if not downright offensive. So, I have to say, based on my brief experience with this program, I believe you.

I wish you the best and don't give up hope!
good luck buddy.
Don't lose hope. did you match in that program in match 2007?
You have 1 year experience. so you will get residency easily.
Dear Dr. Lee-

Please call Ms. Francis at (256) 551-4632 to schedule an interview. Thank you.

AJW
Dear applicant-
You may have received an email from me today inviting you to call for an
interview. THIS WAS SENT IN ERROR. I appologize for the mistake. PLEASE DO NOT
CALL. I have over 500 applications and this would jam our phones.

Thank you.

Allan J. Wilke, MD
have not applied to this prog but those who already have the rejections why dont you all ring up this prog at least ten times just to give them what they deserve..just imagine 10 calls x say at least twenty rejected applicants...for those who have not got rejections from here dont try it...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »