Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematchers in Newark Beth Israel peds-gather here - peds_lover
Hey guys,

it was a very good luck for us to get into that program. PD is just awesome, isn't he?
Please gather here and lets discuss some relevant issues... Or leave your e-mail ID, I will get in contact with you.

My is peds.lover
Hi peds_lover,

I was IV there but no prematch. Hopefully i still get a chance to go into that program. I am not sure but are the number of spots left for the match for locals only? And Just lke to ask does the closure of their fellowship affects the program as well? Dont know someone personally in the program so i have no news regarding their problems except mentioned by the PD.

COngratulations! Wish you all the best! I also wish the best for myself and everyone else Smile
Audi,
which fellowship did they close? the peds EM? if you talk about EM, than most likely that was because of peds cardiothoracic servises reduction... Otherwise, there were no other changes in the structure of hospital... PD said that this matter will increase autonomity of residents, and some may regard this as a postive factor to learn the bread-n-butter pediatrics...
That program is associated with childrens hospital of new jersey which is by itself one of the busiest hospitals in the country... They teach med students from several local med schools, so I can't imagine any other major changes...
When did you have your IV? Did you like that program?
i will have my iv end of january
:0
I heard that this place is having many cuts of funding, many cuts in PICU beds, cuts in cardiac surgeries, been told by one faculty that this is not a place for research if I was interested in that, yet it is a busy place, would rank it lower at my list.
sorry cant seem to post my first message... i will try again

bagh is right.
i was refering to Peds cardio fellowship and surgery fellowship which is one of the unique indentity of beth israel from other.
interesting. PD seems to be excellent person.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »