Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physician Assistant - emy01
Is it possible for an MD to get accepted in a PA program at any university in the states?

please help me if you have information about that.
hi emy,
yes you can participate in pa programs.as i know you have to take GRE first
and send them your credentials and in some universities there is an interview too.
just for your information there are np programs wich are online and you can take them along with your working on the residency (i mean observership or externship)
gl by the way
thank you so much mani_1982,

one more question please what do you mean by "np programs wich are online" Do you mean

phycitian Assistance or something else that i have to explore it also. I appreciate your responce.

take care
Thanks for your good wishes mani_1982, GL to you too
dear emy
no need for any online or on site programs
since you have MD just fill a pre-qualification form online and they will see if yu are eligible for a PA certificate
and then you can work as an assistant wherever you want

http://www.arma-cert.org/

pray for me

lonelybird
by np i mean nurse practitioner .they work same as pa and they have dea number.but they can have their own office.
i'm sure that they will never accept us for pa certification unless we take the 2 years program and pass the board exam.
dont waste your time for applying for certification.the only certification wich we can be qualified for is medical assistant.

take care
oh my god
steventailor do you have any idea what physician assistan is???
NOT MEDICAL ASSISTANT

steventailor, Thank you But that link is for medical assistant! will keep praying for you any ways.
To, Mani,
Can you provide the information about np on line programs.? For example, web site etc. As far as I know, ARMA only give you Medical Assistant certificate, if you apply on line. Physician Assistant programs are not only expensive but take two years to copmlete, only if you are lucky to get admission.
Regarding NP online courses, I never heard of it. Online programs are only for those who are holding associate of RN, so online they give you RN to BSN, but you must hold RN degree, by completing RN programs. You can become NP(nurse practioner), have your own office and work independly only if you have RN degree. I never know any online course for NP, if you knows, please let others know it, plese post the site or no. so we can look for it.
Thanks
any one can tell me about this medical assistant certificatefrom ARMA.can we start work after that certificate,because i searched many colleges and everywhere minimum course is about 8 month duration with atleast $11,000 fee.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »