Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for ECFMG Certification? - effort
I have a silly question:

After the step 1/Ck/CS exams are done, how long does it take to get an ECFMG certification?
Does it arrive by post or is it thru email?
What is the time it takes to arrive after i appear for the last exam?

I'd be thankful if someone responds to this guys!
Good luck with everything
When I got my CS result I got certificate by Fedex 1 week later.
Thanks a lot, Newresident for replying Smile

I am assuming that you gave your steps in order of step 1, 2CK, and CS...Correct?
Do reply. thanks.
they issue it the same day as the result.provided your credentials have been verified.
Thank you, Benten, for your reply.

You said "issue it the same day", so they would mail it our physical location the same day, correct?
Please can you clarify? Thanks again.
I don't think they send it the same day, but I believe they send it very soon after you are done with the steps and have everything else ready. Now, beware that you need to have all the documents, everything signed from your medical school and Dean. Fortunately, I made sure of this before I was done with all the steps, so after I passed the exams, I did receive it within a week. However, I have friends who didn't have everything ready and it took them few months after completing exams to get it, because of the problem with their medical school (due to illiteracy or laziness Smile

Now, if you need it in time for Scramble, you can always call ECFMG and try to speed up this process. Whenever I had issues, they were really helpful. So, you can explain your situation and try to get it sooner. Maybe you'll need to pay extra fee for quicker shipment, but as I said, if you really need, at least you have a quicker option. Also, if you don't succeed in speeding things out with one of the representatives at ECFMG, call again and you may get connected to a person who is more willing to help or who knows more about this and can get things done for you (I don't know your complete situation and am shooting in the dark here, but I tried to give you all the options Smile

Thank you VERY MUCH, Leila711

Your reply was very helpful, thanks again!

When you mention that "beware you need to have all the documents, everything signed from your med school and Dean".." can you please tell me what that means..which doucments?

PLEASE HELP.
no problem, effort. I am glad I can help.

Here is the link for the answers you may be looking for.

http://www.ecfmg.org/cert/certfact.html

Basically, you need to verify your final medical school diploma and medical school transcript. Now, depending of the competence of your medical school, that may take a while (in my case it took 4 months Smile because they didn't sign everything, so ECFMG had to send those documents again).

In any case, if you still are confused with this process after reading things on this link, let me know. Maybe still I can help... Smile

GL
Thanks very much, again, Leila711, for your reply!!
I am very grateful to you once again Smile

I have saved the link u sent and will check it now. I'm an IMG and i got documents verified when i applied for the exams.
I will go thru the link and see if i am missing anything, and then will have to go from there.
In any case, is it ok if i can have ur mail id?
Please let me know.
THANK YOU.
If you have all the documents, that's great. Less complications Smile

Here is my email... edoalma711

good luck, once again...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »