Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am giving up today - pathoguy
You have 2 major advantages, 2009 grad and GC which bring you some IV for sure.
Just wait, they are on the way.
Pathoguy! There are so many people in a similar situation. But don't lose hope my friend. You'll get it done. Smile. Keep praying. You are knowledgeable and have very good credentials. You'll make it
Be strong friend. Apart from the CS attempts everything is great in your CV especially the GreenCard and Research. You will surely get some. Just wait n watch.
dont give up you will get at call at some point of time. hope is elusive and very easy to lose. hold on tight and it might turn out right.
you should give up by now at this time, and go home and do medicine, and come back some time in the future, you are such a young graduate, there are lots of opportunities down the load anytime, everywhere.
hi buddy just hang in there
i can not tell you that i know who has matched with such profile but i can say u have a good one
i am in the same boat and definately worse than you
95/97/2ndattempt/no step 3/>6years old graduate IMG/ NEED VISA
and i guess i can give it up not you as i applied to some 60 in IM and some back up in FM but only rejections
so cheer up there are ppl worse than you and u r in with a good shot
all the best
Hi there,

No one can advice you against or with your decision. All depends on you and how you look at it!
If you have the chance to be a physician some where else and you want to be a physician regardless the place of living then go there. If you want to be a physician here in the states, then just stay here and hold on because you have such a good credits, do not look at just one negative point in your resume as no one has 100% perfect resume, even the PDs themselves are not perfect.

So, if you want the general advice then just stay here and follow this year application and pray for your best interest.

All the best.
you have got many supports.
but i feel to write (though now a days, i am not in forum as i did before)
you are 2009 grad and you are giving up?
so , you have to learn more about life dearSmile

i would suggest you (you do not sympathy,i agree)----

fix your goal, what do you want -- path/IM/FP -- just fix one
try to go that deaprtment/related clinnic for shadowing
do it continuously in one place, be sincere there.
apply next yr (if nothing for this yr), even if you apply for that related university/program, you will get it.
you are 2009 grad,
i do not see any point to give up afte rcoming so far.

best wishes
one ques: you are 2009 grad and you did:

Electives 3 months
externships 12 months
Research Post doc

how did you manage those within this time?
just curious to know.
If u dont get IV,
then I am far away !!

I think same as u ,but cant go back ,attached with the family!!
If I was alone would have lived in own country with prestigeous life.
here even lower post they dont give me.
but u r new grad ,may be wait some time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »