Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on where to take Kaplan Live 7-wk Cali? NJ? - johnsmith
Hey guys, I'm about to start a Kaplan 7-wk live, planning on writing the step 1 around october.
There are 2 Kaplan 7-wk live prep courses I'm considering: one in Newark (NJ) from May 20 - July 7; and another in Pasadena (California) from May 23 - July 3 (this one is actually a 6-wk course).

The professors for Newark Kaplan 7-wk live are: Schieden, Wilson, Fandom, Ruebush, Leign, Fischer, Kereces, Barone (I'm sure I've spelled some wrong; keep in mind that they are subject to change and this is not a 100% fixed list)

The professors for Pasadena Kaplan 6-wk live are: Daugherty, Ruebush, Kudrath, Rickenbaker, Wilson, Turco, Sanchez (path), Davis (pharm).

What do you guys suggest? I don't know how half of these professors are. If you've had them could you please also tell about your experiences with them? Thanks!

ps. pasadena class is already about 110 students, newark class is about 50-60 so far.
Bd Certified;Finally Passed 3 W/$13k Course

I am board cert in Medicine. I failed step 3, 2 times (best score was 73) and was losing my chance for a permanent license (and losing my Mind!). I also had low starting job offers at $18K per month.
I was referred by a residency senior in my NJ residency to this unique personalized program that would only get paid if I pass...Insanely Expensive-But I had no choice as I has already lost 5 months of pay ($90K). Also this fee is tax -deductible...

Anyway, I had may lawyer review that everything was Legit. I joined, and well
180 days later, I am now Practicing as a licensed MD!

They are geniuses, providing 45 days of daily interaction (they also teach Steps 1 and 2-CK) and even more as needed.
The course is Personalized, attending only to my personal problems-not a class with 45
other MDs. Finally the material was so good, so top-notch, that I knew well in advance that
not only would I pass, but that I would get a score >85 (I wound up with an 89-much more than 73 or 75!).

Email me for help and more details on these life-saving guys -as the forum will not let
me put their web address here:

StepThreePassedmd
Avoid those jokers- check out this link for ratings on all of these courses- you will save yourself a trip and get a better outcome:
DO a GOOGLE search: 'USMLE Forum' (USMLE Forum 'April 16, 2009' # 2 or #1 - LISTING)
hi, i will be going for the class in nj this fri, if u r attending lets study together.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »