Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too late to apply now? Or better wait for 2013? - jessicawa
Both 240 in step 1 and 2. CS is pending result.
Need visa, old graduate, no US clinical experience.

PS, LOR is not ready yet.
I know if I start to work on my application today, hospitals will not receive my complete application till 12/1. Is it too late?

I know it is very late now. Most hospitals sent out their invitations already.
But I was told some hospital deadline is January.
And there is scramble possibility after match though the chance is playing lottery. But seems there are someone from this board got matched this way.

Maybe I should just forget this year. Do my step 3, get some observeship done. And try to get a LOR from a US physician. Apply on Sep1 next year.

Any suggestions about what I should do? Thanks!
yeah have gr8 scores. what specialty are you looking to apply?
Yes i think it's too late, i suggesr work on USCE b/c that is needed for old YOG and think of next year.
Thanks satyayit_k_md.
I am just looking for IM or neuro.
I would say apply provided money is not an issue. If u apply for a few programs then u wont be spending a whole lot of money. If u dont get through the match then u will have chance at going in for scramble. Besides the money involved, I dont see u losing anything else by doing it. U probably are going with the statistics, hearsay, etc. But the way this whole process is set up- u absolutely never know- so just go for it.
I agree with drjon, if you have money issues then appply next year, if not go for the application and match. next year if you dont get match you will be asked why you did not get matched, you will say that you apply late because of LORs just that, go for it!!! GL, if you MATCH... let us know pleaseee!!! best wishes!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »