Glulysine)

2.Regular short
Acting(subcut.) 30min / 2-4 hr / 6-8 hrs
IV form has
t1/2 of 5 min

3.Intermediate
acting-
( NPH) 1-3hr / 6-8 hr / 12-16 hr
Lente ----similar to NPH but slightly delayed peak & longer duration of acion than NPH
4 Long acting
. a) Ultralente-- 2 or 4 hr / slight peak b/w 6 to 8 hr of inject / 24 hrs

. b)very long duratn.
Glargine (Lantus) very slow release/ does not peak / 18-24 hrs
hi done with 10 more...

thanks owlcity Smile

just did 20 questions all day till now!! bad bad bad
@forwardever: honest advice.. start doing uw questions from day 1.
read your lectures or watch videos..its upto you...but once u are done with a topic do its questions right away...it will make active learning rather than passive by just reading notes or listening to videos. pick up your FA and start writing down notes from UW.

hi read pharma kaplan 1st 5 chapters & gi & renal . i gained a bit confidence back .
thank u owlcity & imgpak will do quest along with them
Hey guys,

I'm planning to finish day 8 of dit by tonight and about 20 uw questions. I also reviewed upper limb anatomy.
@naseeha----is DIT helpful? when are u planning on taking your exam?
it is helpful after you have studied the material already, say thru kaplan. He goes fast and sometimes skips stuff and tells you to read it on your own. However, his quizzes are really good that he goes through. I'm taking it late feb.
@naheesa

how is ur prep going .. have u given ur assesment or nbme till now .. i was planning for march beg .. now i m planning for feb end .. now i dont know if i m in a good shape or not ..

@dr-raw .. is this ur 3rd time uw and are u doing only the wrong ones or all theqs ??.. am thinking whether 2 do the whole uw qs again or only the wrong ones .. i want to finish fa once along with the 3rd time uw before jan ends nn i was planning to do uwsa atleast by jan end .. but i still ve to do anat and behav left and looks like i m gonna finish all these by 21st (hopefully ) running exactly 30ds behing my schedule .. was so happy yest that i did 50 .. today i am so tired .. i just did 10 qs only

but the night is still young .. 3 hrs more .. let me see how much i can hit b4 i sleep ..
hi done with 30 questions so far...now sitting back to study again..
@owlcity will u be studying tonight..if yes then we should keep updating so we dont hit bed early!!

by the way im doing uw first time...i mean i did all questions but finishing all the explanations i left earlier that's why i extended my date!! but i'll be done soon ..i was supposed to be done this weekend but guess will take 3-4 days more...then i will repeat just wrong and marked questions..but will only do it like an exam cos i've written down every damn thing from uw to my fa!! are u doing second round of uw? i htink u should ask this question on the forum cos someone who has done it second time will be able to guide more better!!

allright let's hit till midnight, i say Smile
@dr-raw

sure dear , i just spent a hr typing down notes .. and wasted some time .. cos i m trying to type it without looking dow on the keyboard .. i can type a lot faster if i look down but very slow if i dont look down ..

i mdoing uw 2nd time but its first time for pharm.. i think i ll do the marked qs first .. and ur idea is god . i ll do it random and timed ..
.. just did 5 more qs ..will update ..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »