Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why FMGs do not match--the answer is here. - anonymousadvice
anonymousadvice
It is not about @usmletaker008, there you rightly pointed out what was in my mind.
But I don't agree on your initial comment about FMG, there is nothing as such to be generalized. FMGs are not objects that you put them in one basket rather the situations must be analysed case by case. @usmletaker008 is a good example
That is why I said there are no facts but interpretations
@anonymous advice can u plz tell abt this medicalwriter option.may consider as a backup plan
What about year of graduation?
azeb,
I agree, each person and each application is unique.
But, for PDs in the US, all FMGs are "in one basket" and only some get picked out. The purpose of my post was to discuss some of the common reasons behind rejection for those who want truthful advice rather than blind optimism.
anonymousadvice
That is cool. Now I absolutely agree
nimisha, do a google search for "medical writer" and you will find a lot of info. i have worked with a few who assist in writing papers, grant applications, articles.

hint, i know 4 old grads (>10yrs) who matched to FM and IM, US lors, scores in 80s, no failed attempts
You just scored a 7/10 on your essay.. Nothing else !!
where can we get speech lessons to decrease accent and advanced conversational english classes..
can u send me any link..
deliriumtremens, please tell me what you disagree with. i discussed reasons that some fmgs do not match.

doc-doc321, google it based on your location
Anonymousadvice, you expressed my sentiments exactly. After gaining experience this season, and from friends who have been through it, I agree with your words. A really good read.

I think if someone has a thick accent, it should be very beneficial for them to find a speech coach...I've met people during med school rotations who have such strong accents, and it's kind of irritating to listen. If I feel that way, I can just imagine what the PDs may think. As well as the grammar some of the applicants on this forum have...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »