Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do IMGs match in programs with medical school? - lamorghini
A few of my interviews in IM were at residency programs where they have their own medical school. By now they have prematched a significant number of positions. So do such programs keep limited number of positions in match only to accomodate their own students? Do IMGs match there?
Their website doesnt provide any information regarding their current residents.
IMGs match almost everywhere.

Where I am right now, they definitely rank their students who are very much interested in the program, city and specialty and have great credentials higher but they also rank Caribbean grads and other IMGs as well.

So community hospitals are not the only places IMGs go.
Yes, they do esp. if it's in a small town or relatively smaller programs for US Grads.
Eg, Southern Illinois Uni has its own students for only ~1/3.
UTHSC San Antonio has ~1/3 IMGs.
well, I am talking about programs somewhat different than southern illinois uni..SIU goes in match completely..My programs prematched 50-70% positions..So that changes it..
I fully agree that IMGs have good chance in average uni. programs..But what happens when these average uni. programs prematch significant positions (and that would be esp. IMGs) and then go in match..I think eventhough these uni. programs are average, they still have some US grads and DOs..and I feel like the match positions are only for them..I hope you guys can convince me otherway because I am scared if that's the way..
bump
i bet you are talking about UB ...
yeah..UB is one of them..but there are others similar..Do you know anyone (IMG) who matched in such places?
yes IMG with " C " ( Contacts and Caribbean ) ... Rest of us Good Luck with Match
I thought so too..Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »