Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shocked..failed ck - usmle_cs_jan
guys m super depressed... results for ck came in today,,,, FAILED.. i dont know how? was gettin decent nbme marks..

US IMG
Grad - Sept 2012
passed step 1 - 1st attempt -220
passed step 2 cs - 1st attempt
4 US LOR

dreams r shattered as was gonna apply next month.. please share your honest opinion should i even give ck again? should i even try to apply next year even in something like psych??
r there any chances to match? what should i do to improve the chances?

do anyone know anyone who matched within last 2 years after failing in ck or cs once?

guys i know everyone may b busy but please spare 1-2 min to reply....
ty
take ck ASAP you have a advantage that ur a us citizen
With step 1 220, you should have aced ck.
I assume there was something wrong, like you were nervous, or you didn't prepare ck well, or could be just bad luck.

Honestly, PDs don't like 2nd attempts these days.

With YOG 2012 and US citizenship, CS 1st, you have some pros.
The only chance is to prepare again for CK, pass it with good score, do USCE, and make some connection.
Don't lose your hope. Prepare again. I've read on another forum 3-4 people matched last year with multiple attempts. One had two attempts on Step 1 and CS. Also, depends on the specialty.
I am also nervous, yet to take my CK. What do you think went wrong?
thanks for all ur replies..means the world to me...

1- shigatox: u said take ck asap..for this yeaars match or nxt? if for nxt will it mak a diff when i retake ck

2-houranis: i dont know about ace but i was confident i will do gd atleast 220-230...dont know what happened.. nu said pds dnt lik attempts.so u think no chance for me?

3- zlatka- ty for ur help... so u do know someone who matched which means atleast 1-2 % hope. gd.. i really dont know what went wrong.. i guess u sud con more on uworld..comin to books i didnt lik mtb n changd to fa last 2 weeks.. i feel i sud have done fa from start.. i would suggest u do FA not mtb,,also do u know more abt the guy who matchd? which branch n what credentials...

also i want to make it into pysch (previously was confused btwn IM n psych ,psych being my personal fav branch.. but now i guess IM is out of the q) .... i also did 3 months of EXTERNSHIP in new york at 3 private clinics whos physicians had affiliation with hospitals..n m currently
doin an observership in a teaching hospital

guys any else know anyone who matched after attempt plz share...
Yes there are people with multiple attempts and they made it to IM or other specialties also. I know a person with multiple attempts who made it to IM and another who made it to psychiatry.

Take some rest and relax then collect your thoughts again and know what went wrong in that test and hopefully you will get a great score next time. Never quit or give up what you are really interested in and don't make one failure to get you down. Think about all your good accomplishments.

Good luck!
Hey dude
In 2013 Match, 20 IMG applicants who passed step 2 Ck on second attempt matched. This does not mean that you will match and it also doesn't mean that you won't match. So you still have chances.
@mindful - thank you.. ur ans was really encouraging,, thank u

@swanneck - thank you fo rur reply.. ur ans actually included statistical vlaues which means u actually got ti from somewhere..cud u share ur source.. also can u tell me if they were NOnus IMG or US img.... n thou ur second sentence was bit discouraging i know u didnt mean bad n u were sayint the truth straight forward so thankyou for ur honesty... hope u can share the info i asked

thnk u both for ur time
@mindful... would u by any chance know what that guy did afterwards to match... that would b really helpful... n i really thnk u for a positve ans.. honestly it did brighten me up a bit.. ty
usmle_cs_jan
The person who matched to psychiatry program worked very close to a faculty member in a big research study and got her name in a publication-I believe 2 papers not sure though. In addition to doing more usce.

The other one who matched in IM did MS and mean while worked close to a principle investigator.

So in conclusion , making a very strong network of contacts based on your strong interest on any specialty and showing them your passion and collaboration ...etc may help
I know there are other ways and every person has a unique story and circumstances ;however, the common well known factor is your passion and persistence.

All the best!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »