Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morehouse IV...Where to stay? Any recommendations? - res2007
Need low cost hotel room near the Psych buildings in East Point GA. Instructions says it's not on the main campus.

If you have any suggestions please list them.
anyone living in or near atlanta?
I will be glad to help you, even though I am not very familiar with that part of town. Let me know the address of your interview (at least the zip code) - just in case it is out of campus of Morehouse.
Also, let me know if you are already in USA or coming from another country. I would have different tips for you.
Good Morning Guys,

res2007 I have no clue where you're from. But, ATL2006, it's a chilly morning in the south.

res2007, I would like to add another suggestion in addition to what atlanta2006 wrote. One thing you could do is to actually call up the program and ask them. I'm sure the secretary is used to answering questions as such. Another thing is that you can google the program. Once you google it, a group of advertisments should pop up. Map quest is the same. Also, if you're flying into ATL, you could book a flight and a hotel together.

GL dude, and Welcome to Atlanta!
atlanta 2006
I will be flying from NYC to Atlanta.

Here is what Morehouse wrote:

Please note, your interview will be held at the Department of Psychiatry, not on the main campus on Westview Drive.
Our physical address is:
1513 E. Cleveland Avenue, Bldg 100 Suite 300 (3rd Floor)
East Point, Georgia 30344

Hi res2007,

Vitriol, as usually, gave very good suggestions.
My 2 cents: Try to open this website. If it doesn't work,let me know your email address and I will send it to you. SInce I don't know much of that part of town, I ended up doing a quick search on mapquest and Orbitz and I found several hotels in the range of $75- 250.00/night.
That area of town (south) is known for being more dangerous than the remaining parts of the city. If you have concerns about safety, you should look for places up in the north of town. However, it will cost you significantly more and you will have to commute for your interview (Atlanta traffic is REALLY BAD!). It is up to you what you consider more important at this moment for you.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewHotelSearc...arams=true&z=1b0b&r=3d&z=1b0d&r=3f&lastPage=interstitial#
If you are a lady, i can pick you up from the airport, offer you my guest room with bathroom, drop you off at your appointment, and back to the airport. Please make sure you fulfill these requirements:

1. You must be a LADY!
2. Your interview is after NOV 10th, since i have my last exam before that date.

All i want in return is:

1. You will tank my car, i drive a BMW full tank is about $50
2. I'll like to have your list of hospitals for FM and IM.

No thanks mac-daddy wannabe,
I'll find my own hotel.
For your information, i am a woman with husband, that's why i can't host a man. I was just trying to help. GL
besides i don't use fake names like some of you do! JANINA is real!. some people on this forum know me personally. I believe you truly don't need help coz you can't help others, still i wish you lots of luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »