Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa from uk - mas07
Hi I am working in UK ,I am planning to appear
in USMLE step 2 CS this summer, could any one guide me,
how to apply for visa.
Should I mention about my exam or just apply wholly on tourists visa,how difficult is to get usa visa from london,remember I am from subcontenet.
Thanks
If you're a citizen of UK, you could just show up, you'll get a tourist visa at the point of entry. I don't think you need to tell the immigration officers that you're taking the exam. If you're just working in UK, then it depends what country you're a citizen of.
Hi
I am not a British citizen,I am from Pakistan,but working in UK for last three years.
I am planning to appear
in USMLE step 2 CS this summer, could any one guide me,
how to apply for visa.
Should I mention about my exam or just apply wholly on tourists visa,how difficult is to get usa visa from london,remember I am from subcontenet.
Thanks
Though I am not form Pak, I would suggest that you apply for a tourist visa. You never know with these people, they refuse visas inspite of the letter from the ECFMG to the effect that the candidate needs to get to the US for the exam, visa gets refused. So just come as a tourist, I'd say.
I don't know what to tell you. Tourist visas can be tricky too. The fact that you're in London now is not as important as your citizenship. If you decide to come on a tourist visa, you have to convince them that you're not intending to immigrate here (show good job in London, good salary, ties with either your home country or UK...). I don't know if going the route of ECFMG would be better or worse... Sorry I can't help more...
i dont know
i think if u have a good job in uk ..then try for visitor visa .
what people who work in london usually do is they apply for some stupid conference in us, book hotel rooms for the period of stay, take their job contract letters, salary slips, bank statements and apply for tourist visa. they do not say anything about usmle. the main imp thing is that u should be having a job of six months atleast at the time of applying for visa. of course people have got visas with 3 months of job remaining but it is a bit risky
you have a better chance of success if you apply from grosvenor (london) or belfast embassies
you have almost 100% chance of getting a tourist visa. if your hospital gives a letter informing that you have been granted a leave for that particular conference, and you will be working in the hospital on comming back
if u have any doubts, contact people who have applied us visa in uk from your hospital. you will actually find a lot of them in your hospital, as nowadays almost all sho from subcontinent are applying for us visas
till now i havent heard anybody being rejected, although there might be a few cases of which i am not aware of
hope this helps
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »