Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
percentile scoring-real confused - histrionic
On the three-digit scale, most Step 1, 2 CK, or 3 scores fall between 140 and 260. The mean score for first-time examinees from accredited medical school programs in the United States is in the range of 200 to 220, and the standard deviation is approximately 20. Your score report will include the mean and standard deviation for recent administrations of the examination. The two-digit score is derived from the three-digit score. It is used in score reporting because some medical licensing authorities have requirements that include language describing a "passing score of 75." The two-digit score is derived in such a way that a score of 75 always corresponds to the minimum passing score.

hi guys i am confused abt the usmle scoring.i hav mailed ecfmg and they mailed me the website back from which i read the website and could not understand the complex process of scoring.
by reading this paragraph i am concluding (maybe wrong) that after failures in step 1 your average for the mean increases to pass the exam.does it mean tht if u hav failed the exam will it be harder to acheive a better score next time?
they hav mentioned tht percentile scoring is no longer PROVIDED.do they mean tht they are doing the percentile ranking in our scores but just do not simply provide it to third parties?
if this is true, is it correct tht we hav to be very specific on choosing the day or month of exam while scheduling?
i am askinn these questions because i hav failed three times and now worrying abt this ranking and choosing a "perfect day" for the exam.(sounds silly)
i am requesting the intelligent ones among u to answer this ,if u anything abt it because ecfmg just simply gave me the website.
i may sound insane but really at this time i need big time help and am deeply frustated.
plz once again plz do not let me down by not answering.
i will really appreciate an input.
Me either, i don;t understand what 3 or 2 digit score means exactly or how many Qs u got correct in the real exam. sorry.
ALl what I know that our scale is more difficult than AMG's. We have to score better than the lowest 10%(who just passed) in America and Canada to obtain the 75. Read this in step2 First aid...
That is all what I know about the scoring...
GL.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »