Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no ECFMG certificate -
worried

i have everything, scores , prematch everything except that ECFMG is sitting on my medical transcript verification refusing to verify it. They say that they will take 3 weeks to read the verification. They sure have severe dyslexia. Else their medical transcript department is a poultry farm, and all their secretaries are chickens who sit on the transcripts for 3 weeks until the transcripts hatch and tell them that they are verified.
Anyone else in my position. My verificationreached themback from my college on March 1 . Generally how long is it taking to read it? I am now forced to take J-1.
Rani

that was really funny yes thats what they said to me u can not do any thing so just pray to God & y are forced to take J-1
worried

Well,
one reason is that if they verify by March 20 hopefully they will send the certificate by March 30 . Well , If everything goes at super speed and i give my step 3 by april 15 i will get my result by May 20 . Then i apply for H-1 . That may be late. I will meet my program director and beg her to understand my problem because the eggs will not hatch in less than 3 weeks and even then the hen i.e ECFMG will take 10 days to tell that the chicks are hers and not of a cuckoo which incidentally the ECFMG is making us all.
I am thinking of going on a hunger strike outside ECFMG office . Anybody else join me?
Rani

I think u should be fine just u have to take ur program director in confidence & I hope that chicks come out real i.e of hen & not cuckoo.
sunsilk

Hey! we have the same exact dilemma! my medical transcript arrived at ECFMG March 1 also and up to now they haven't checked it yet. I called them up and said it would take 2 weeks for the verification process and another 2 weeks for the processing of the certification. I pretty much have lost hope on an H1 visa also. BTW, even if you were able to take Step 3 on April 15, would you still be able to get an H1 visa? (because I read that the allowance for H1b visas for this year has been used up). That is unless your hospital is exempted.
worried

my hospital is exempted. but i do not trust ECFMG evento give on March 30.I am gonna meet them next week .If ihad a few others for moral support maybe we could get the certificate next week. One guy alone cant do much.
PURTORICO

You are gone.Wait for next year.
Or go back to Indian or Parkistan.
worried

well i am not so sure of that . I'll take J-1 if forced to.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »