Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency in Buffalo or Detroit -
Alice in the wonderland

I need some help. I am a canadian P.R. with MLE 1 & 2 cleared. I am thinking of doing my residency in Buffalo & live in Niagra(Canada) or do my residency in Detroit and live in Windsor(Canada) as I have to maintain my canadian P.R.

I am not sure whether this is possible or not as it would involve crossing the America-Canada border daily. Do you know somebody who does such a thing? Is it possible to do such a thing??? The drive between these places is just 20 mins. but u have 2 cross the international border, so if anyone knows please guide as i am totally confused.
Rob A

I have a canadian citizenship as well and also thought of this.
It would be a great idea if it was allowed, but the required visa is for permission to WORK, not just to live there.

Even if you travel from Canada daily, you still need to show your J1, H1 or Geen Card, etc.

I have not confirmed this with an immigration lawyer, but my general enquiries have shown this to be impossible.
Pi

Lot of people take the tunnel or bridge cross over from Windsor into Detroit on H1/J1/other visa. Not a problem at all only takes sometime in the traffic. If u r a Canadian citizen then u can livein the US on H1/J1, travel is required for immigrants only.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »