Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for Rob A -
Alice in the wonderland

Hi,

the thing is that even if u are sponsored for a J1 u can work there but is it possible that u can cross the border these many times on the same visa.

I talked to somebody in Buffalo and he told me that he has people in his institute who are Can citizens and are working there , so try to find out more... If u get something tell me & if i get somethin i'll post it here.

take care.
Rob A

I THINK I see what you mean..
Do you mean, you want to get the J1/H1, but live in Canada and commute to the US every day?
If so, yes that is possible. I know of someone at Detroit Medical College who does that.

Yes, in that instance you can cross the border daily. In the case of Windsor-Detroit, life is both cheaper and safer in Windsor(!) You are a Canadian PR, right?

The only factor to consider is that crossings through MAY on occasion take longer than 20-30 mins. And if there is some kind of security alert, then who knows..

Alice in the wonderland

yeah Rob this is what i meant. I am looking to do that . You have a valid point about the security alert but i guess we all have to take our chances .

Thanks for the piece of info. I think i'll give it my best shot to get a J -1 and live in Niagra/Windsor. Let's hope i am able to do that.

Thans again.

Where r u from in Canda?
z h

i am planning to do exactly the same. I have a fellowship in detroit and will commute from windsor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »