Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postmatch -
Omar - oabooh3

Hi everybody:
I did not match today, if anyone can tell me with every detail about the postmatch (scramble) like what papers they need, to which programs should i apply (i think the limit is 30?), best way to get a position anywhere in internal medicine.
Good bless
answer

Dear Omar,
Sorry no real experience with this.
Please scroll down for answers. There are two suggested strategies one is to send your doucments to all progrmas directly another is to try and call them first.
Whatever you do .... better start moving and perhaps get another friend with another phone and fax machine to help.
The list of programs with available openings is posted on the NRMP website and you should take it from there. Also, it may be helpful to state that you are willing to travel on short notice and come for interview.
Good luck... crossing my fingers for you :-)
mimi

HI omar i know that you probably are not in a good mood ordon't have time but that would be very nice of you if you could post the unmatched positions here for us. will you please?
intern

Omar,
I am not sure if you went thru this posting which I had posted
last week.
http://www.usmleforum.com/MandR/displayr...sp?id=1556

Follow those steps and remember these:
1.First two hours is very critical. Dont wast each and every minute.
2.U Call all the programs from the second line while someoneelse is faxing the documents for you for the unmatched programs. Keep ur main line free so that you will be available when program contacts u.
3,Believe it that u can get it and be confident while u are talking.
Good luck
usmle

intern, since last week, am forwarding your posting to everybody ,and i did exactely what you had suggested, lets see what will happe,,,
did i say thank you ? ya , thank you intern, it was the best advice , at least i feel prepared
DD

What is the problem using ERAS instead of fax?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »