Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was offered J1, do you think I should take it... -
usmle

what do you think ,am really really wondering if i didn't take it , does this mean i did a mistake?
Mer

did you get the offer in the scramble?
personally i feel its better to keep looking for options or wait that accept a J1. but as i said thats a personal thought.
usmle

YES, I GOT IT IN SCRAMBLE , THAT IS WHY AM REALLY THINKING IF I DID THE RIGHT THING, I DID NOT ACCEPT IT...
AND LOT OF PROGRAMS SAID THEY WILL CALL BACK, THEY ARE LOOKING ,, THEY ARE REVIEWING,,, IS THAT WHAT HAPPEN EVERY YEAR , OR THIS IS NEW?
gg

If I were you I would not have hesitate. Go for J1, they are not going to call you for sure: it is an american style of behavior when they want to say NO!
Go ahead, don't loos your time.
usmle

BUT WHATIF I HAD BETTER CHANCE FOR NEXT YEAR?
I WANT TOTTAKE STEP 3 AND I HAVE GOOD SOCRES AND LOR????
Rani

usmle I have been reading ur post but i want to ask(maybe i missed that post) which year did u graduate & what r ur scores.?
usmle

I GRADUATE IN 2002/ JUNE, MY SORES ARE 87.91. CSA PASSED...
I HAVE 3 LOR FROM USA,
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
SHOULD I ACCEPT ANYTHINGTHIS YEAR?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST & HELP
Rani

No not at all b/c what I know(maybe I am wrong) JI visa can not be change to any other visa. & believe me u r not that old graduate scores are wonderful. & now calm down be patient & try hard to ace the step3(don't give in hurry) with 90 + & u will see u will get H1 next year so apply as soon as possible try to avoid UNi program & apply in more & more comm affliated uni who sponsor H1 thats what I do & now its ur decesion!!!!!!!!!!!!
usmle

well, you are thinking like me, but you know my decision means one year and ... how much are you sure that i will get H1, am just wondering if i took step 3 ... Am i sure that iwill get H1?
I will really appreicate your postings...
Rani

I know 1 of my friend he was also looking for H1 & had 93 & 94 & 2002 graduate & he was offered prematch in some community affil UNI pro & I don't know why he did'nt accept when he asked me I told him that take it & he did't have many interviews either( he already took his step3 in early feb) & now he did'nt get match & feels bad y didn't he accept at the first place!!!!!!! but its too late now so far no luck in post match so thats the story now its up to u to take chance & risk but remember next year u will have passed Step3 too so that will be a plus point & also don't forget new quota for H1 will also be available.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »