Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commonly asked questions, gyus this may be useful - aaryan
Q: If my USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK scores are OK but not high, what are my chances of getting a match?

A: This depends heavily on what specialty you are trying for, where you want to look geographically, and whether you have any other qualifications that might be of interest to programs, such as very strong LORs, research/publications, advanced degrees, etc.

Q: What can I do to increase my chances of a match/ or to become more competitive?

A: Strong LORs, especially from US physicians; high scores on any USMLE exams yet to be taken, not requiring visa assistance, having all required exam scores available by the end of October”these will all tend to help.

Q: If my USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK scores are OK but not high, what are my chances of getting a match?

A: This depends heavily on what specialty you are trying for, where you want to look geographically, and whether you have any other qualifications that might be of interest to programs, such as very strong LORs, research/publications, advanced degrees, etc.

Q: What can I do to increase my chances of a match/ or to become more competitive?

A: Strong LORs, especially from US physicians; high scores on any USMLE exams yet to be taken, not requiring visa assistance, having all required exam scores available by the end of October”these will all tend to help.

hi aaryan
Thanks for the info. I am not presently in USA nor I can get USCE. I have a query for clarification. To get LOR's from US physicians, I can take them from US physicians though I have not worked with them. They studied with me for undergraduation. Will there be any value for such LOR's. Are they treated with more value than LOR's from India. Please reply.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »