Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help -
confused

Do you need your Step 2CS scores to be in the 2005 match. Because the earliest i am hearing they are available is August 2004. If I am taking my Step 2CK in a week and Step 1 around June or July would I still be able to make it into the match and apply for residencies. Also if I can't do this could I still apply to a program where I know I may be able to pre-match. Any useful information is helpful as I am not sure on many things
usmle

yes you can... the schedual is good, stp 2 in july, and the results will be in augest, a that time you will update your eras application with step 2 scores... then apply for csa and you can do your inerviews even without your csa report... if your scores are good and you passed csa, plus you don't have a problem with the visa... you really have A BIGCHANCE TO BE ACCEPTED..
just one thing , don't compromise your socres to do the exams quickly.. and then you might end with bad score...take your time and then do the exams..
good luck
confused

been studying for a while now so i feel confident about the tests. Also do you have timelines for when to apply for the match (deadline) and when to start applying for residencies (after ERAS update???) Your post was very helpful in straightening out everything i have read. Unfortunately putting it all together into something that makes sense is difficult while knowing one mistake can eliminate your chances.....I just don't want to screw anything up thats all, if i can avoid it.
usmle

ok... i know what you goingthru..
but believee me, for now , concentrate in your coming exam, but here is the approximate deadline ...
1- eras application open in JUly ,14, 2004
2-buy your token and start your application.
3- once you have your score of step2 , add that to your application ( this what i did).
4-apply as early as possible for csa, even before you have your step one result, this is also applied for toefl ( i don't know if it is needed anymore).
5-apply for the programs and schedual your interviews...

you can also see the schedual in eras site.and according to that ...you go from there...
just concentrate in your exams for now...you will be fine, f you finished everything before oct, 2005...
good luck
usmle

am sooy , i ment oct, 2004
confused

my other concern was the new step 2CS and how that affects the ecfmg certification. I thought you needed to be completely certified to submit application to the match through ERAS or to submit residency applications....some help in sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.
NISHA

arey man confused....tell me ur email ID

i will add u to my messenger and we can have a chat ....even i am planning for the 2005 match...
Kirs

You don't need to be ECFMG certified to organize your application in ERAS. Just make sure everything is up to date before you submit your application to ERAS which is final!
usmle

you don't have to be certified , that is not true, but if you r ..then this is better.. but to START YOUR RESIDENCY PROGRAM.. YES, YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED..
confused

msn messenger.......
gocubs85
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »