Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiology FMG - sid7
does anybody know if a FMG(specifically Indian) has ever matched into a radiology program... anyone plssssssss....
given the hi number of indians applying to US residencies, i am sure there will be a few that make it into radiology even though it is highly competitive
thnks pigo.. anyone else.. advice ?
I don't know about Indians but I can tell you one case I know.

One of my female classmate matched in Radiology 1 year ago.

She graduated medical school in Korea.
She was a American Citizen and she scored 99 in both steps and she speaks almost perfect English.
She said that she matched to some university program that I forgot the name.

Hope this helps you.
so for a noncitizen.. and without 99 99 scores.. i think it would be impossible..!

will a structured research fellowship in radiology for 1-1.5 yrs from a good university help?
no my friend.. i know of a guy from aiims - 99/99 who did radio research with wsu and matched with a h1.. nothin is impossible.. but yes u wud be shootin for the moon.. and i wud take the structures research fship if i was 100% dedicated to radio.. it will open up a ton of doors for u.

apurva
I know a Turkish man. I don't know his scores. He tried fellowship first, than residency. He has GC.

Good luck.
thanks guys!.. i will pursue the research track mostly .. and lets see where life takes from there.. there is always IM to fall back upon... just incase...
Can someone tell me if you can do a fellowship without residency?
he must have a radio residency from his home country.. applied for a fship.. completed it and then did radio residency.. very common thing esp for radio
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »