Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usmle score and advice - yaffa915
Hi Guys,

I just recieved my score back and got a 251....
Here is how i studied :
I am a student in an american medical school...so i just finished 2nd year
1. I studied for 1 month and 1 week
2. Did 50% of Q-bank and recieved scores of about 80- 90% on my exams, rarely read the q-bank explanations
3. Reviewed in the last 4 days straight form first aid...just memorizing anything that would come into my sight
4. I used random books for different subjects : ex: high yield neuro, high yield embryo, high yield micro, road map- gross anatomy, first aid-biochem with the help of lippincotts, etc.
5. Best advice- KNOW First Aid....If you have done well in medical school so far, you really only need to know first aid, but you have to know absolutely everything in it if you will choose to study just from that book...i really do feel its enough. ...although i used other sources, most of the questions, i either knew from learning them in medical school or i remembered seeing in first aid. its truly a great book and for all of you who are taking the exam straight after studying in an american/carribean school ...you will have no problems with the exam if you have done well up to now.

so dont worry and dont freak out...the exam is really hard, I actually thought that i failed it when i took it...i was convinced and did not even want to go out that night.... but i didnt fail, and most people who have a pretty good track record up till now do not...so if you know your pathology, micro, neuro, and cell bio...you will be ok..

Good Luck
hey yaffa
so many student did the first aid '
but it was not enough
hat do u think
Congratulations!!!

Can u give us what topics were heavily tested!!

Thanks
Hi yaffa congratulation for such a great school ,i wanted to ask u some thing could u pls give me your email. if u unconfortable sharing your email id in this form ,pls sent it to my email id
shibusoren
thanks
god bless
sam27
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »