Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subject: Unmatched ? Next Step ? Ideas Please -
Friend - friend@whatsbest.co.uk

I am writing on behalf of a friend who is considering her options after the Match program. In fact she didn?t match with any program. When she contacted programs with unfilled positions many say all positions are filled, others leave their fax machines off, don?t answer the phone or use obsolete e-mail addresses. My friend is looking for a position in Internal Medicine, Pathology or Family Practice. Obviously she is very disappointed with the Match outcome and the quality of the process.

Any ideas on what to try next would be welcomed.
Omar - oabooh3

Dear Friend:
Am in the exact same situation as your friend's but am not giving up, many people who matched will be declined visa or may decline the job offer for one reason or another, she should phone hospitals in NJ, NY, IL every 2 weeks and register with findaresident.
Some of my friends matched very late and in fact one of them signed a contract 6/27/03 especially IM and FM are not as competitive, i can provide other hopeful websites if one of you e.mail me at oabooh3
May God grant her and me a residency spot this year
Friend - friend@whatsbest.co.uk

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My friend lives in the New York area but willing to relocate. Fortunately visas are not an issue for her.
pg

There are still plenty of positions in FP. Try them. If visa is not an issue, something should happen. Keep us posted.
FRIEND

hi i didnt match ,i have a visa issue. do u thk that i have a less chance in FP or IM. plz advice
AL

I am a US citizen with clinical rotation in US, but every program I call, they don't return my messages. What should I do? I am looking for FP.
thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »