Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECFMG Certificate urgent! - pd_r
I am waiting for my ECFMG certificate. I have passed my step 1, 2CK and 2 CS. There was a problem in my credential evaluation and they had to resent it. The new form has been recieved by ECFMG now.

The problem is that I have 15-20 days and I need my certificate which they will process fast only if it is a priority for them. The problem now is telling them the reason. They wont accept that some universities need it.

Has anyone encountered such a problem? Can you please tell me something about the priority reason?
My school made a typo on my transcript (they added one extra g after my first name), so ECFMG couldn't verify my transcript. I waited 2 weeks after my school resent the transcript with my correct name on and called them. And I called 3 more times, was always told that it had not been scanned into my file. Then on the 4th time, a nice lady picked up the phone and she went checking for me right away and found the document, then went right away asking someone in charge to give me the evaluation. The problem was solved on the spot. I got my ECFMG certificate in 2 days after the call.

So keep calling them, someone nice may be there to help you. I didn't use any priority reason, I just told her that I was very frustrated and I need my certificate soon for the match application. And I got it.

Good luck.
Thanks danille.

Did you wait for 2 weeks after ECFMG recieved the transcript or 2 weeks after your school resent it ?
I waited two weeks after my school resent the transcript with a letter explaining the typo, since I guess 2 weeks should be the time needed for a letter to be delivered here from my country.

ECFMG person always told me, it takes about 14 days for them to scan the file, but actually it was past 2 weeks since they got the letter. And they always told me that the file was not scanned, until I met the nice lady over the phone.

Keep trying. GL.
that nice lady is called rosemary.. ask specifically for her.. gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »