Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If a program says they do not sponsor visa... - arachidonate
I emailed some programs and they said that they do not sponsor any visa. Does that mean we could not apply to those programs unless we have greencard or a US citizen?
Yes, obviously.
Or we can still apply and ECFMG will sponsor us?
What? You can only work for the employer who sponsors your visa.
Hey if they say they donot sponser Visa do not apply for that program and waste your money it means they are not going to give residensy positions to people who are not greencard holders or citizens, they will just reject your application, and one more thing ECFMG cannot sponser if the program is not ready to give you J1 ok all the best
but wot if someone is on dependent visa and with Employment authorisation card?
and how does program realise about our visa status, i mean in which document in ERAS application procedure we can mention abt our current visa?
Boki, I think on first page of CAF. Some program wont even take EAD based on dependant visa.
if you are on J2 then you can apply or if you are K2 or anyother visa wchich aoutharises work you can apply you can mention that in you CV in ERAS form they will ask you what kind of visa you have and what kind of visa you want in that say suppose J2 then click on iam on J2 and want to be On J2
one more thing H4 visa will not allow you to do a residensy proram with out cahngeing the staus so you cant apply for that program with H4
I think EAD works as good as GC for the dependent applicant. I never heard a program reject person on EAD.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »