Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyclist...last one - pashna23
A cyclist following his routine exercises develops tingling and a numbness sensation on the volar aspect of his ulnar 1 and 1/2 fingers. The dorsal side shows no abnormal findings. Where does the nerve in question normally lie?

A Superficial to the bicipetal aponeurosis
B Beneath the flexor retinaculum
C In Guyon's canal
D With the brachial artery
E In the anatomical snuff box
c?Sad
b..??
malaria! SmileSmile SMILEEEE u got this one!

A the ulnar n runs between the 2 heads of the flexor carpi ulnaris (or was it radialis someone plz correct me)

B It lies above the FR

C Guyons canal is the area between the hook of the hamate and the pisisform bone where the ulnar runs and is commonly damaged leading to the volar distribution of involvement.

D Radial n runs with the B A

E Radial A found in the anatomical snuff box... ( anyone knwo the boundaries? )

ANSWER IS C.

BOUNDRIES OF ANATOMICAL SNUFF BOX
The snuffbox is bordered above by the tendon of the extensor pollicis longus and below by a pair of parallel and intimate tendons, of the extensor pollicis brevis and the abductor pollicis longus. Accordingly, the anatomical snuffbox is most visible, having a more pronounced concavity, during thumb extension or abduction. The styloid process of the radius forms the proximal border while the distal border is formed by the approximate apex of the schematic snuffbox isosceles triangle. The floor of the snuffbox varies depending on the position of the wrist, but both the trapezium and primarily the scaphoid can be palpated.

Smile
heyyy luckyalways!! where have u been!?!?! Smile

bravo! as always!!! Smile
antomical snuff box

extensor pollicis longus -laterally
extensor pllicis brevis - medially

Ihope I didnot make mistake...
ok lucky posted this..
Thanks
pashna23 ,I am busy in job..nowadays very hectic job..and tiresome job thats why I am away...
anyways thanks and good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »