please advice - rasa
Grad yr 1995
score 75/76
cs passed all 1 st attempt
gc
2 month observation going to do another 4 months
my chances in fm and im

ps failed step 3 will take it in dec
One cant say for certain- it might be tough, but nothing is impossible. That u graduated in 1995 is a minus- but u have a GC, USCE and have cleared the other steps in 1st attempt. If u were practising/doing research between 1995 and now, then it'll be better for you. If u clear the Step3, that'll be another plus point- u gotta keep trying.
you will match, no doubt. Just do not blow out your interviews.

good luck
you're a green card.. why your in hurry taking the step 3? you can it take once you got in a program..
apply to IM/fm in NY,OH,MI,IL and above all learn your interview skills,you need just one prematch and you are good to go.If you are not allergic to psych you can try that too.GL
One of my friend told me that having passed step 3 at the time of interview will help especially in my case.

b2 i worked as an attending physician for 2 years in the bahamas but that was in 2001 after that i didn't do much except the observership.
when i see people with high scores and recent year of grad i'm totally depressed any how if i dont match this year I'm going to do PA course and will forget being a physician instead will become a physician assistant
With that attitude am afraid you will not go far in this matching.It is an uphill task,but the people that won were those that did not give up,give it all!,dont have alternative,you can do it.Fight this fight,so that you will not live to always remember you could have made it as a physician not his/her assistant.God Bless you
Thank you guys

kita thank you feel like i can do it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »