Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me sort this out! - drdr
In my document submission form, I didn't circle that I enclosed my MSPE even though I put in a letter from my Dean. The reason I did that was because I felt that the MSPE has a particular format which is only given by American med. schools so I simply listed my Dean's letter under my letters of recommendation and put in DEAN in brackets. The letter is also captioned letter from the Dean. Was this the right thing to do or should I try to call ECFMG to get them to note it as MSPE?
Call them and tell them abt this. Dean's leter (or MSPE) is sent as a separate doc to all progs that u apply to automatically- that way, u'll be able to assign 4 LORs + Dean's letter per prog and the programs wont get the filler letter sent by ERAS in lieu of the Dean'sletter.
drdr
I did exactly the same thing as you. I called them and they assured me they would fix it. But they did not. Then I emailed them and they fixed it. They just removed the dean's letter and scanned it as MSPE. So make sure to call and email- you never know which is going to do the job.
Well i tick 'yes' to both MSPE and transcript....but when I open my CAF which is already submitteed.....i dont see mention of MSPE or transcripts.

is this normal ?
yes its normal
Thank you all for your suggestion. I will call and email ERAS. Please one more thing, is it 3 or 4 LOR's that we are supposed to send ie minus the Dean's letter? Please clarify!
Send 4 to all programs (minus the Dean's letter)- doesnt matter even if they need just 3.
Hi there...drdr and amygdala,

Did you indicate YES in your CAF that you will send one MSPE though you sent a Dean's letter?

Thanks.

Cheers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »