Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone in surgery got a interview - docno1
hey aphrodite, ya the no of interview calls in surg vis-a-vis med and peds is like Sad

thanks ahre, same for u....what r ur creds btw, if u feel thats ok to reveal Smile (now that punj79 has started a trend hehehehe)

coolv- neah, dont think its a good idea IMHO. for AMGs its ok. they apply to 30/250 programs and get their calls and match. we apply to >100 for <10 interviews, mostly prelims.

we can discuss other stuff though, like date/month of interview, what to wear, friday night pre-dinners, questions to expect, AND rejections(if we want) coz those dont harm us and benefit EVERYONE.

what say guys?
from SDN:

I know nobody asked, but I thought these websites were helpful last year.

1. http://www.facs.org/residencysearch/search/search...

ACS website with questionnaires filled out by the program directors, addressing %AOA/fellowships/vacation time/# cases. It's easy to navigate through, and it lets you know what certain programs focus on. However, this is still pretty subjective, and I wouldn't take it all as stone cold facts. This is probably the only website listed that isn't common knowledge.

2. http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/

This is the most objective resource on the internet, and should probably be a starting ground for most people.

3. Scutwork.com

This can be pretty inaccurate, but SOME of the entries are relevant. Be sure to check the date, and who the writer is, as this effects the tone of the review.....

4. Individual program websites.....these can show you where the current residents are from, what the academic focus is on, if there are any good-looking girls in the program, etc.

Good luck.
GUYS GOT BRUTAL EJECTION FROM MEMORIAL HEALTH.........
Guys, please keep this thread alive. Be patient, interviews will come.
memorial health is where?
got a rejection form Bronx lebonan
keep the thread alive
anyone got any offers from any NY or PA programs?
maybe need two more wks to get interview offer.
i gt a call frm st.joseph mercy oakland.pontiac,michigan............
hows it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »