Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to extrayard re:timing of step 3 - bamarkwa
I am an IMG, good scores, no USCE, needs H1B:

I would like to know how important is the timing of step 3 exam,

will there be any difference in the chance of getting more interviews if I do step 3 in second week of october rather than second week of november?

thanks in advance.
sooner the better. most programs have deadlines for step 3 results before they can offer H1. most are by end of december and in january. its even more good to have it by the time of interview.
thank you for your sincere advice, bluetooth.

i am planning to attend interviews only in December if I get any.
but as far as I know, it took only 3 to 4 weeks to get step 3 result, so if i take it in november, i will get the result in december by the time I attend interviews.

what I am considering is will I get more interview calls if I take it 1 month earlier, ie in october rather than november?

Please advise me regarding this. Thanking in advance.
what I gathered from my friends is

for interviews- step 3 matters if you have bad scores on step 1 and 2. if you got good scores, say high 90es in 1& 2 the step 3 doesnt really matter to get a interview call.

for H1 programs, sooner the better as you might even be offered a prematch if you have step 3 result by interview.

If you take step 3 in october you results will be out only in nov and most of the interview slots will be filled by then. technically it will not affect your application whether u take it in oct or nov.

I am planning to take it in nov 1st week. I couldnt take it earlier as my ecfmg cert was not issued. If I were you I will take it in OCT.

thanks again, bluetooth, for your advice.

Have a good day, pal.
well i agree with bluetooth. Even if u take ur step 3 in oct, u would have already recieved most of ur int. calls by then.
So take ur time, prepare well for the exam, take it nov. have ur step 3 result when u go for interviews (now that will make a difference, as not many imgs have their step 3 at the time of interviews)

gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »