Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
img pathology applicants - pathdoc
I agree with angelboy.....Pathology isnot for everyone...Only If you have dedication to it, then go for it, else, dont...
I was also initially speculating betwene Path and other fields, and one of the pathologists whom I met, lectured me for over an hour describing in detail what pathology is...So, if one is not interested in communicating with patients & treating them, I think Path is good..
Also, Path is mostly academic...Ofcourse it is very demanding nowadays...
HI i am really very encouraged form you kinds words.... i just want to know any low profile prog in pathology that gives visa.... so far i have only one interview in pathology...

will appreciate it

thanking you in anticipation..

take care all
So I think we're on the same page. I think you're mostly talking about private practice path. In that, I'll agree with you. I think the job is somewhat tedious and you may go long hours without seeing anything interesting. In addition, the workload tend to be heavy if you plan to make reasonable money. In academics, however, you see interesting stuff all the time and have plenty of time to do your own thing, be it reasearch, teaching, or whatever you want. The money is not as good as in private practice, but comparable to FM or IM. Jobs in academic centers are not tough to get from what I've seen. Take care.
Hi Amygdala,

Yes I have a call from Baystate. But still could not schedule my interview - they have given me dates in Oct and Nov. When are you taking your interview there?
Hi Pygmalion,
I am not spending so much on the forum these days. This has been a very quiet week for me interview /rejection wise. so didn't see your post earlier.
I am most probably going to Baystate in the end of oct. Have you pocked a date ? Do you have any other interview callS?
thanks
Scheduled my interview in late November. But might change. No other calls or invitations. But I suppose its to early to conclude things. Keeping my hopes high. Keep in touch.
Just keeping the thread up. It seems there are only few IMG path applicants in this forum for 2007 match. Any idea as to when to expect majority of the calls ...... though I understand its too early to expect many ........ but previous year applicants might shed some light on the matter. I have only one call and no rejections.
Hi guys! Any calls?
good luck to all.
I have only one call as of now....... no rejection so far
baystate MA scheduled my int on last week of nov
To pathdoc:

Do you have any evidency to show path is becoming more competitive? from last year AMG applicants was declined compare to the year before. In amgs, there are more DOs than MDs in path.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »