Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am F***** - schaumburg
man! i wrote personal statement and copied few lines from some of friend's personal statement who matched last year...............but today i found that some of the lines in my ps is most commonly copied lined stated in some websites......i have already applied to programs and most of them has downloaded my ps..........if the pd's found out that its has some copied lines ,can i be disqualified from the match???????.............i am f********** worried about that and just feeling like withdraWING MYSELF FROM MATCH...... please someone give me honest answer and don't try to scre me more .....i am already scared
Hey there,
I'm sure there are many who r not very good at writing. I am not saying what you did is right, but trust me, most PDs just skim through the PS and look for things that grab their attention. Like said very few candidates are original, so by the end most PS's look almost the same to them. Just ahve faith in yourself and you should be fine. Just remember not to do this again. Stay calm, there are too many things to worry about.
change your ps, and reassign it . theyll download the new one. if they dont, gently nudge them to download your new ps over ph calls.

dont worry.. at least youll make your changes before they may make an actual decision to see your ps.

none can disqualify you from a match for plagiarizing your ps.. at the the most they can reject.. but if you make amends, i think you should be ok. act quickly.
don't worry, it is not a big problem.
thanks and sure i am not going to do this again................i have never been more scared in life than this time...............but in case they found out truth can i be disqualified.........
no u will not be disqualified.. the worst they can do is not extend you an interview.

ps is not one of the most important things they look to while making a decision to interview, but it could be one of the things they see if they are seriously considering inviting you.

if you dont want to take the risk, reassign a new one. it may not be too late.
yeah dont send a new one now.. its not a big issue, relax

no they wont disqualify you
schaumburg I think rajanvi is right I think done is done and most of PS are not out of the world. I think only 1% PS are really that good to get some interview to you but other wise all same.
I think mine ps is also like your and like most of us as I never understand what to right in it when my CV is saying so much what else I can say in my ps so what i did is worte few sentaces and that is all (mine is less then half of a page)

You know what schaumburg..

though not everybody would copy lines...most will have the same ideas stated in different ways...so yes i agree to others..they dont give it very importance and just scan it in one look to find anything specifically readable....
dont send the new one because in this way program may think why he is assigning the other one
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »