Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For people passing step 3 - amygdala
Hi guys, congrats!
My request for you guys is, could please post a short message with your resources and time for prep. It would help us much more than if you just post that you passed.
This is only for people who dont do this.
Thanks for all the others who have posted their experience. It is of tremendous help to us.
I have been waiting for anyone to contribute to this thread and an thoroughly surprised that noone will take a few minutes after shouting to the world that they passed to write a few sentences of advice.
yes. People are 'silent observers', then they post that they passed. No info on resources, time studied, uw/kap nbme scores or anything. This is really not helpful. The other forums are good in that sense.
I have seen you in some other forum, step 1?
unfortunately from last month the moode and way of this forum is completely changed, from a friendly and a helpful atmosphere to very selfish and non-accademic one. ppl just loged in for finding partners, comparing their score, and when time come to return they just vanish or keep silent, you can surf on back pages and find all answers for your question, but it would be better to put up to date info, plz guys join this forum to learn, teach, seek advises and give advises, knowledge gets increased by sharing.
i studied for approx 2 mths. revised step2 notes, did a liitle from step3 notes,though i felt step3 notes are good only for ccs. do the usmleworld very well....best way to prepare. q bank and kaplan is just a way to boost your ego...do it when you feel low!
i had finished 2 observerships and had a years experience working in med before i gave step 3.
its not tht tough....if you are good clinically you will ace th e test.
I read my step 2 kaplan notes again, did USMLE world twice( ~65-70 % ), read swansons, lokoed up for frequently asked topics on AAFP ( american academy of family physicians website) along with harrison. My IM residency in home country helped me. Was active member of this website till few weeks back, it helped me a lot.Got 95. Didnt do NBME.

thanks ajeet and 98npk. It seems you both had the edge of having soem clinical experience. For those of us without that, do you have any suggestions?
I am doing uw currently. I have finished about 50%. My score is not great. I am yet to read my step 2 notes. Do you think I should do the other ha;f of qs after a reading of step 2 notes? I think that is what I will do.
Hi guys.I know its confusing to find out how to go about reading. What I did n what I think finally helped me was revision of usmleworld answers.
The first time I did it subject wise n topicwise. I used to read cardio n then do the questons.Its all about learning.I took down notes n kept revising from them too.If I had a doubt I would look at the medical websites. So it was an integrated approach.If u read about clinical sign of a disease, open the book n read everythin about it,dont leave it for the next time.Be thorough in that topic.
Keep discussing on this forum.Not just scres inUw.Scores dont matter,its how much u have absorbed n how u apply.
I have no clinical experience.But I cleared this exam.Its just that residents work n gain experience n we have ample time to read n gain knowledge.So dont worry,u ca do it.
Go thru ccs cases many times atleast the last 15days from UW. Once u know the basic steps of each system it gets easy. Do it systemwise.U dont need any other source.For cases which come out of UW, dont panic.U know enough theory by then to go about it.But pay atention to how u go about solving the case and the sequence of orders.
I think 2 months of rigorous study is enough. I didnt do qbook nor qbank noe nbme.U can do it, but dont panic if u didnt do it in the end.People say lots of sleep the day before exam. Well I did not sleep a bit the night before the first day,had lots of mocha on the first day.I did not panic that i didnt get sleep.
I n the end try reading atleast IM kaplan notes thoroughly.Do revise UW Qs atleast IM.
Do ccs many times. Dont panic.Make use of this forum.All the best to all of you.
thanks viva. I am concentrating mostly on uw and s2 notes.
studied for 2 months,uw,fa,crush and before 4 weeks -took nbme,before 1 week..took usmlesteps123 for practice....did as many as questions as i could from FP.com(no more free),kaplan q book,nms,q bank....but most imp..revised uw- atleast 2 times..
uw score started 50%...went upto 70 % at the end..nms score was 450....q bank-q book score--60-70%....
actual score...82%

good luck..bijjar..keep going...your work will pay u at the end...

hey ajeet..are u already in residency??I am trying for this year and things are really competetive...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »